Running boards, factory 2008?

budwich

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
kanata
On 2008 Chevy TB has what appear to be factory running boards. The passenger side was "dinged" (chunk missing) by road "clutter". I have been looking for a used replacement but not finding much. Looking at sites for GM parts, they don't seem to reference any being "quoted" although the same sites list 2003-2007 and indicated these do not fit a 2008. Hence I was wondering, did they actually exist in 2008 or the original owner just used some other year. From the surface / tread design, perhaps 2007 although pictures that I have seen for that year in gm "stuff" don't aligned with my design.

It is getting long of tooth, but it has bugged me since it was bought used back in 2012 and figured that it would get addressed along the way with "parts opportunities", which so far, has not materialized. :-(

Attachments

• running board 2008.jpg
    running board 2008.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 9

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Any year will work, there is just a main difference in length for the LWB and SWB.

I beleive you have the SWB?

Wanna get fancy and go Denali?

I could likely find some more local to you, but your profile is devoid of that information.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Like @TollKeeper said. Any year will fit, however, the earlier ones (02-04?) have separate top plastic pieces whereas the newer ones are one piece. I've had both (currently the one piece) and I found the two piece to look more real however they separate themselves from each other and you have to push the insert back down once in a while. The one piece doesn't have that problem but doesn't look as good IMHO.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
One more thing, be careful which ones you get. I had found a set but wouldn't fit on my 2007. Can't remember what truck I got them from but it wasn't an EXT. I think it was an Envoy. The brackets were the same, just the plastic would hit the fenders and/or the rear lower quarters. Better to stick with those for TB's.

budwich

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
kanata
OK... thanks for the info. Arnprior auto up here has some from a 2006. They look close to the same but I am somewhat concern by what you (mooseman) indicate about the difference in body type / finish causing an issue (SWB aside). Seems strange that references stop at 2007 in terms of compatibility. I am somewhat on the fence now with the replacement at this point... although I guess it depends on the day of the week and the amount of money lying around when other things (power steering hoses, muffler) are on the list.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think they stopped installing them after 07. Body didn't change neither so it shouldn't be an issue. I'd look at Kenny instead. Much cheaper and just 5 min. from my place :smile:

budwich

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
kanata
Ya, I have been some what slow on the "kenny take up"... I think I visited something associated with it when it was at Cohen salvage off merivale (ottawa) but I haven't pursued it past that. Maybe its time to rethink or at least spend the $3 to look around.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Let me know if and when and I'll join you. I literally live 5 minutes up Bank St from there. There are 3 in the yard now, one an LT. One looks like it may have some boards. It's a crapshoot though.

budwich

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
kanata
Ya, I saw a picture in their inventory. Tough to tell and of course. Not sure if they are "essential business" ... and "curbside" would be tough... :smile: Thanks for the offer of a "join you". Probably swing it today. Will PM you further.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online