Rt Front Brake

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Hey Guys,

My TB EXT has been having a brake issue that no one can figure out. I've had the Brake booster replaced, master cylinder, all 4 calipers, and all 4 rubber brake lines. I've also had a total of 8 brake flushes to remove any air from the system but no matter what the front right brake always has heat marks on the rotor and the looks like it has the grinding look of worn brake pads but there is plenty of pad. Also, the top piston always gets rusted. Anyone have any ideas of whats going on with it?

I really could use some help and guidance.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, the only thing left is the ABS module. Maybe a valve sticking?

Reactions: Tiggerr

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Well, the only thing left is the ABS module. Maybe a valve sticking?
I thought that too, but from what I have been told if the ABS or Brake light isn't on the module is working as it should. I'm just lost on this one but I'm thinking of replacing it but it's not cheap.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Maybe grab one at a pick-n-pull. Haven't heard of these failing much at all.

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Maybe grab one at a pick-n-pull. Haven't heard of these failing much at all.
I was thinking about that as well. I do have another question, I had the Master cylinder and brake booster replaced at two different times. I had a bad Master cylinder than and a couple years later a bad Brake Booster. I am some what leaning to a bad Master cylinder again. Could the bad brake booster affect the Master cylinder? Reason being when I cracked open the brake lines this time to replace the caliper where was barely any brake fluid coming out to the line. From what I understand when you crack open the line the brake fluid should be flowing out.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I doubt the booster did anything but it is entirely possible that the master has gone bad again. All the booster does is assist in pushing the piston in the master unless the booster is sticking and keeping pressure on the master.

I thought you meant that they were replaced in an effort to fix this problem or am I reading this wrong?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online