RPMs drop while driving

colecole2020

Original poster
Mar 19, 2020
galesburg illinois
im very confused on why my trailblazers RPMs drop below 1000 while driving . other then that she drives smooth.. but another issue arose after i took it in to be fixed never really did find out that reason on why she didnt work all those months but anyways when i go to fill my car up it lets me get a couple gallons in an then it starts acting like its full so then i have to wait a few mins an try it again so it ends up taking me almost a half hour to finally fill my tank up.. it was never like that til i got it back from the mechanic

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
For Diagnosing the cause of the "NO Fuel without Cut Off Issue", this is the BEST Video explaining How to R&R the Evap Vent Solenoid presenting with a P0455 Code showing up on an inexpensive OBD2 Code Reader:

Other possible areas to explore that are non-destructive or expensive, parts-wise include:

(1) Replacing a Dirty Air Filter.

(2) Clean out a Dirty MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor...Use ONLY CRC MAF Spray Solvent:

CRCMAFCLEANER.jpg

(3) Performing an Off The Vehicle Solvent Cleaning of the Throttle Body as per @MAY03LT ‘s Video:

For Diagnosing the Reduced Engine Power problem:

(4) Possible problems with the ACC Pedal (Accelerator Pedal = Gas Pedal) using an OBD2 Code Reader involve looking for the P2123 and P2128 Codes indicating the ACC Pedal HI & Low PCM 0-7 Volts DC Class 2 Network Position Signals are not working and the ACC Pedal should be replaced. Please Do NOT replace the ACC Pedal Module Assembly without first confirming that you have either one or both of these Codes.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: mrrsm and Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online