RP5-GM11

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
How is everyone's holding up? Looking to get one but seen reviews on Amazon and them melting and causing shut downs.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've had an RP4-GM11 for a couple of years now,no problem at all. So good, I got a second one for the TB. Helluva lot better than the several failed Metra crap I went through.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hey guys I can't seem to get my new rp5-gm11 to work correctly. So far no steering wheel controls and no audio from onstar. The head unit shuts off when I hit the onstar button but no onstar voice. It's driving me nuts that I can't get it to work right.I have it paired with my sony xav 602 BT, my factory bose amp has been removed.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Hey guys I can't seem to get my new rp5-gm11 to work correctly. So far no steering wheel controls and no audio from onstar. The head unit shuts off when I hit the onstar button but no onstar voice. It's driving me nuts that I can't get it to work right.I have it paired with my sony xav 602 BT, my factory bose amp has been removed.

I have the same kit running in my Envoy and it works without issue. However, I think I may know what your problem is. If I recall correctly, I believe its been mentioned somewhere on the forum that the On-Star is powered through the Bose amp. I can't remember what thread it was, but when I was looking into replacing my failing Bose amp in my old TrailBlazer with an aftermarket one, there was a trade off between losing On-Star in order to retain working speakers in the doors/dash. As far as the steering wheel controls go, do you have everything wired correctly? those should at least be working excluding the On-Star.

There is a good chance I'm wrong though, I think it still works if the amp is bypassed but I'm not too familiar with wiring/electrical systems in these trucks.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the steering wheel, did you select the proper setting for your brand HU?

For OnStar, I have a feeling that it's supposed to feed the sound directly to the Bose amp so if it's not there, no sound.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online