Rough Idle

Miked

Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
Va
2007 Chevy Trailblazer LT 4x4 with 6 cylinder. The problem is when starting and engine is cold the vehicle idles rough when it is put in drive then after the vehicle gets to operating temperature it is smooth as can be. There are no codes that are displayed and would appreciate any help in this matter.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I had something similar a last year, turned out to be an aftermarket ignition coil that I had replaced a decade ago, was starting to go on me. Replaced it with an OEM one and the problem went away.

Do you have anything that can monitor misfires, if you're having the same thing, you might be able to see which cylinder is having the problem and troubleshoot from there.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although a possibility, it usually manifests itself as a regular vibration while stopped at a light all the time with no misfires. Worth a look.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Fairly simple and free thing to do - provided you have the tools, patience, and time - and it will help with fuel economy to some degree - is to clean the throttlebody. It also has the potential to clear up a rough idle. Remember to disconnect the battery long enough to reset the PCM when doing a TB cleaning.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online