Rough Acceleration after new front diff

tbuckalew14

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I know this is going to be hard to pin point via the internet...but wondering if anyone had any ideas. I had a new(used) front differential put in. Drove great for about a week. Was fine this morning also. I went to go out to eat about 2 hours ago, and now i'm getting a rough dry feeling...only when I accelerate from a dead stop. Once it's going it feels fine. I just got home, so I have not checked to make sure the mechanic actually put any fluid in...plus I just moved and have no idea where my tools are packed. Just looking for any ideas someone may have to check.

tbuckalew14

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
problem solved...sort of. Turns out after the new front diff it doesn't sit in the exact same spot. On start up, acceleration from a stop, and turns my oil drain bolt was rubbing against part of my steel skid plate. Skid plate removed, and no problems since. I either need to add a few washers to drop the skid plate down a little...or make the hole on the skid plate for the oil drain plug a little larger.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If the oil drain plug is suddenly hitting the skid plate, that would mean the whole engine dropped down.
Or the engine is tilted. Maybe bad motor mounts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online