Rock Auto Trading Magnets

PProph

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Anyone else starting to amass a pile of Rock Auto magnets? I figure we should collect and swap em like trading cards. :2thumbsup:

Reactions: rizzo20 and RTTBLT1

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I have gotten a few with my previous orders. I even have a few doubles so it would be a cool idea to post what you have and are willing to trade. There all on the side of my fridge when I get home I'll snap a pic.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Anyone else starting to amass a pile of Rock Auto magnets? I figure we should collect and swap em like trading cards. :2thumbsup:

This is a good idea. I have about 10 on my Garage refrigerator.....but unfortunately, no duplicates as of yet.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have several on my kitchen fridge. I can get away with it since I'm a bachelor :raspberry:

Reactions: RTTBLT1

Inferno333

Oct 9, 2014
Same here. There's at least six on the fridge.

I must've missed the one in the box on my order from last week.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I got more than some, less than others :biggrin: :cool:

20160629_165249.jpg

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Here is what I have...sorry, exactly 9...
1467237736240.jpg
1467237736517.jpg
I have them surrounding my first car when I was 16 yrs old...1984 Monte Carlo CL.
1467237736650.jpg
As you can see, I have quite a few different magnets on the Garage refrigerator.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hate RockAuto

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hate RockAuto

I take it you had a bad experience with them...do tell, please.

Only reason I don't care for them (and alot of other companies)...Is it's a loss of $$$, lol. But on the other hand, it's also savings me $$$ in the long haul in many different ways. Like avoiding the stealership for one...those darn monthly payments! :no:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
There is a thread on here about their lies to me and price changing.

I can meet or beat their prices on basically anything with some searching and just choose not to support them.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
There is a thread on here about their lies to me and price changing.

I can meet or beat their prices on basically anything with some searching and just choose not to support them.

I have personally noticed price changes out of the blue also. One day looking for the front License Plate Holder for the TB it was around $10-12...went to buy it and a some other items about 10 days later to find the price went up to around $32 for that item and didn't buy it. Not sure if it's a software issue or what but ya.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Imy not a fan of Rock Auto either. End Links I ordered a while back looked like a return with miles put on em. Almost like they tried to hand off a faulty part. Also, they only sell OEM parts. Their after market parts is minimal at best. I'll stick to eBay that offers free shipping as well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Their shipping charges can be pretty bad, especially if shipping from different locations. Then you try to find another brand part shipping from the same location, it's more expensive. You can't win.

I agree that Amazon has better prices and shipping and return policies. I returned a harmonic damper pulley puller that broke (more like abused) and they shipped me another one and took the broken one on their dime. No questions asked. Hell yeah! My latest batch of parts (~$850USD) I used a mix of Amazon and eBay, all with free shipping to my US address that I will pick up later.

RA is good for looking up part numbers to use on Amazon and eBay.

Reactions: xavierny25

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
@Jckraemer - welcome to GMTNation - but we don't have fancy software that notifies you when you're about to necropost (take a look at the dates of the posts before yours). So you kinda have to watch for that.

Feel free to post in Member Intros, and let us know what you have (TB, Envoy, other?)

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.