Rock Auto CV axle price/quality question

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
Driver's side CV joint is clicking on turns, so looking to replace the axle.

Some pricing seems almost too good to be true, though.

All the aftermarkets are $50 or below, while the AC Delco OEM is $250. Plus, you can't hardly buy just the joint for less than $50.

I guess, before I buy the most expensive aftermarket (Cardone at ~$50), are those prices too low or what?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Same story anywhere you look. No idea why the Delcos are so expensive. I used Cardone on my TB and have them on my Silverado now. Never any issues and much more cost effective.

Reactions: 6716

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also check out Detroit Axle. Most people seem to like their stuff and haven't heard too many negative comments. Theirs is $64 shipping included.

Suretrack I saw a review on Amazon once saying it was junk. My wife's CR-V has a Cardone and it's been fine.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cardone proved to have the weakest boots of the several aftermarket I have ran.

Reactions: 6716 and Mooseman

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
I put a new Cardone on my van a couple of years ago and haven't had any problems. Now that vehicle is doing all highway/street driving, so if someone had tougher driving conditions then you might make a different decision.

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
I ended up ordering the Cardone since I had a Rock Auto order ready to go anyway.

I don't off-road, but I do hit a lot of minimum-maintenance roads. At $50 a pop (and seeing as how with the front diff fill plug seemingly totally stuck so I have to pull the axle to check/fill the diff anyway) I probably can't go too wrong with any of these however long it lasts.

Thanks for the input all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86