DEAL RMS Customs -Custom Headlights, Retrofit parts, and more

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Headlight Modification and Restoration

The menu has expanded! In addition to the clear corners and painted inner housings, I am now offering the following:
Projector Retrofits
Integrated HID ballast kits
CCFL "Angel Eyes"
LED backlighting

Prices are as follows

Painted Headlights and Clear Corners

Headlights are separated and the inner bezels are prepped and painted to customer specifications. Paint is applied in a contaminant-free environment and cured using UV lamps. If desired, clear lenses are fabricated to use in place of the amber factory lenses. Lights are cleaned and reassembled with new sealant. Smoothing of bezel available at additional cost.

Paint with clear corners
Customer provided lights - $130
New "aftermarket" lights - from $200
Options
Tinted corners - add $5
Retained amber lenses - subtract $20
Smooth bezels - add $50
CCFL - add $60
LED back lighting (PM for pricing)
Integrated HID ballasts/lamps - add $205
Custom paint colors - $10

HID Projector Retrofits

Projector headlights are not only top of the line when it comes to style, they also provide optimum lighting for low-visibility driving conditions. With this modification, I will install HID projectors in place of the factory lamps. Once properly fitted, they are aligned and permanently mounted with necessary hardware(and sealant or epoxy when deemed necessary). Ballasts are mounted to the back side of the lights(in the grill cutout) and wires are integrated for simple installation. Any additional relays or wiring needed are provided. All additional modifications are completed. Lights are cleaned and reassembled with new sealant.

Projector retrofit
Customer provided lights - from $450
New "aftermarket" lights - from $525
Options
Painted bezels - $25
Clear corner lenses - $20(tint ad $5)
Smoothed and painted bezels - $75
CCFL "Angel Eyes" - $60
LED back lighting (PM for price)

Retrofit prices include the Morimoto H1 conversion kit from The Retrofit Source. This includes the projectors, ballasts, lamps, gatlin shrouds, and all needed wiring. Other projector, shroud, and ballast options will be available for the difference in product cost. Ballasts are 35w. Must specify bulb color when ordering.

PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING. CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING CHARGES. QUOTES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

PREPAYMENT IS REQUIRED VIA PAYPAL FOR ALL ORDERS.

PROJECTOR RETROFITS REQUIRE A DEPOSIT(amount to be determined based on work requested). BALANCE DUE UPON COMPLETION OF LIGHTS, BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED BACK

SPECIFIED MANUFACTURER WARRANTY IS HONORED FOR ALL PARTS

MODIFICATIONS HAVE A ONE YEAR WARRANTY. AS ALWAYS, I WILL WORK WITH EACH AND EVERY CUSTOMER TO ENSURE TOTAL SATISFACTION.

LOANER LIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR A $75(REFUNDABLE) CHARGE, IN ADDITION TO ANY EXTRA SHIPPING FEES.

Smoothed and painted mirror covers. Painted to match vehicle color.
$75+shipping

Now, on to some images of my work to date:

Lights:
IMAG0108-1.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

Pewter Metallic I did for a 2007 Ram

IMAG0374.jpg

Mirrors:
trailblazer007-3.jpg

NORCAL SS

Dec 4, 2011
TBSSOWNERS.com Forums

WE NEED YOU THERE SIGN UP NOW!!! members have been looking for someone to do headlights for a while.

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I'm already there, man. Those are actually lights I've done for some of your members. Username couldahadanss. Stupid, I know....but I thought of it on the fly with a few shots under my belt.

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Going to be adding a few items to the menu. Things like PROJECTOR RETROFITS!, angel eyes, led accents, headlights restoration. Stay tuned for pricing.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
smitty5150 said:
Going to be adding a few items to the menu. Things like PROJECTOR RETROFITS!, angel eyes, led accents, headlights restoration. Stay tuned for pricing.

Ohh Angel eyes I might send you mine when that's available

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Thanks. A few tweak on the price list. I'll have it up amd ready this weekend. Also working on becoming an authorized parts dealer so I can sell kits and parts to members at low prices.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
smitty5150 said:
Thanks. A few tweak on the price list. I'll have it up amd ready this weekend. Also working on becoming an authorized parts dealer so I can sell kits and parts to members at low prices.

:undecided: Projector retrofitting parts? Hope my mod bug doesn't see that post :no:

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
What is LED backlighting? Any pics?

Also, I attempted doing my own headlights this weekend since I have an extra headlight hanging around. Let's just say I'll be putting some money aside and having you do mine soon. Mine would just be white to match the truck, with clear corners, however I have a question about the corners. I still want to have some reflectivity in the corners. I saw another TB once before where they had done this mod but also added reflective vinyl strips on the corner pc inside the headlight that gets painted silver. With silver or white reflective strips they would be invisible during the day but would still make the corners reflective when sitting in the dark. Any options there?

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
SBUBandit said:
What is LED backlighting? Any pics?

Also, I attempted doing my own headlights this weekend since I have an extra headlight hanging around. Let's just say I'll be putting some money aside and having you do mine soon. Mine would just be white to match the truck, with clear corners, however I have a question about the corners. I still want to have some reflectivity in the corners. I saw another TB once before where they had done this mod but also added reflective vinyl strips on the corner pc inside the headlight that gets painted silver. With silver or white reflective strips they would be invisible during the day but would still make the corners reflective when sitting in the dark. Any options there?

Best example of LED backlighting I can find at the moment:
View attachment 19778

Yes, the reflective vinyl can be added. I could do strips, cover the entire corner reflector, maybe a bowtie or some other logo.

Teaser:
A set I just finished with the retrofit..
IMAG0546.jpg

Attachments

• 1462d1236704056-headlight-led-i-hate-oem-blue-headlamp.jpg
    1462d1236704056-headlight-led-i-hate-oem-blue-headlamp.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 529

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Have any Envoy Projector Retrofits pics? Wondering what they look like.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
smitty5150 said:
Not to date. I do have a stock set on hand. If I get adventurous, I may retrofit them and throw them up for sale.

Let me know when you do.. Love to have a set.. and i am not adventurous enough to do it myself..

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Ok, we are officially an authorized vendor or TRS(theretrofitsource.com) retrofit parts and accessories. Until our site is up, check out theretrofitsource.com for a list of what they have available. After that, message me for ordering info. I will be matching their pricing on all parts, but PM me for special forum discounts.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
what are these under the standard headlight mods?
Smooth bezels - add $50
CCFL - add $60

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
wootown22 said:
what are these under the standard headlight mods?
Smooth bezels - add $50
CCFL - add $60

smooth bezels would be when he paints the gray/black bezel inside the headlights, he can sand them smooth, CCFL is cold-cathode fluorescent lamp, so I believe he can do some form of halo lights, or angel eyes, or whatever you like to call them

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Bingo. The smooth bezel is an extra step where the bezels, or trim, is sanded to remove the texture. This makes the paint finish more like the finish on the rest of the vehicle.

CCFL, or cold cathode fluorescent lighting, are the angel eyes that you see on some cars. They are little light rings that usually get mounted to the front of projector lights.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Yea I like the look of the CCFLs, much brighter then the standard halos. I was just curious as to how it would look just the halos, minus the projectors being in there.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
wootown22 said:
Yea I like the look of the CCFLs, much brighter then the standard halos. I was just curious as to how it would look just the halos, minus the projectors being in there.

I think ConeKilrAutoX has blue halos (dunno if they are CCFL or not) on his Voy with no projectors. He's got some pics in his album if you wanna take a peek.

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
wootown22 said:

I personally don't know how they look, as I haven't seen them. As far as night is concerned, the lighting should look killer. Not sure about the rings during the daylight. I do know that you would only be able to see them close up, just not sure how they would look. I do have a set that I am retrofitting right now and they are getting halos. I will take one of the rings and mock it up without the projector to see what it looks like. Would that help you out at all?

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
Yes that would be helpful! Im very curious to see how they turn out!

also, with true ccfl rings you should have no trouble seeing them even in daylight. a good example in comparison is beamers released around 08 had halos, but you couldnt see them in daylight.

the new beamers have blue/white ccfl, and i can see them in direct sun still. haha

edit: just went and looked up ConeKilrAutoX... what a cool ride, very unique. I do like the halos in his headlights, I dont think it would look quite as cool in the tbs headlight since it isnt as round looking... im excited to see what you come up with smitty! I still have my lights you worked on a year back haha

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
wootown22 said:

Standard halos are usually CCFL, unless you get LED halos like some do then they are harder to see during the day. But Halos on BMWs and all are CCFL

Also if you like the halos look and projectors you can always do aftermarket ones like this

http://gmtnation.com/f33/wifeys-halo-projector-headlamps-2327/

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
smitty5150 said:
Headlight Modification and Restoration

The menu has expanded! In addition to the clear corners and painted inner housings, I am now offering the following:
Projector Retrofits
Integrated HID ballast kits
CCFL "Angel Eyes"
LED backlighting

Prices are as follows

Painted Headlights and Clear Corners

Headlights are separated and the inner bezels are prepped and painted to customer specifications. Paint is applied in a contaminant-free environment and cured using UV lamps. If desired, clear lenses are fabricated to use in place of the amber factory lenses. Lights are cleaned and reassembled with new sealant. Smoothing of bezel available at additional cost.

Paint with clear corners
Customer provided lights - $130
New "aftermarket" lights - from $200
Options
Tinted corners - add $5
Retained amber lenses - subtract $20
Smooth bezels - add $50
CCFL - add $60
LED back lighting (PM for pricing)
Integrated HID ballasts/lamps - add $205

HID Projector Retrofits

Projector headlights are not only top of the line when it comes to style, they also provide optimum lighting for low-visibility driving conditions. With this modification, I will install HID projectors in place of the factory lamps. Once properly fitted, they are aligned and permanently mounted with necessary hardware(and sealant or epoxy when deemed necessary). Ballasts are mounted to the back side of the lights(in the grill cutout) and wires are integrated for simple installation. Any additional relays or wiring needed are provided. All additional modifications are completed. Lights are cleaned and reassembled with new sealant.

Projector retrofit
Customer provided lights - from $450
New "aftermarket" lights - from $525
Options
Painted bezels - $25
Clear corner lenses - $20(tint ad $5)
Smoothed and painted bezels - $75
CCFL "Angel Eyes" - $60
LED back lighting (PM for price)

Retrofit prices include the Morimoto H1 conversion kit from The Retrofit Source. This includes the projectors, ballasts, lamps, gatlin shrouds, and all needed wiring. Other projector, shroud, and ballast options will be available for the difference in product cost. Ballasts are 35w. Must specify bulb color when ordering.

PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING. CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL SHIPPING CHARGES. QUOTES ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

PREPAYMENT IS REQUIRED VIA PAYPAL FOR ALL ORDERS.

PROJECTOR RETROFITS REQUIRE A DEPOSIT(amount to be determined based on work requested). BALANCE DUE UPON COMPLETION OF LIGHTS, BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED BACK

SPECIFIED MANUFACTURER WARRANTY IS HONORED FOR ALL PARTS

MODIFICATIONS HAVE A ONE YEAR WARRANTY. AS ALWAYS, I WILL WORK WITH EACH AND EVERY CUSTOMER TO ENSURE TOTAL SATISFACTION.

LOANER LIGHTS ARE AVAILABLE FOR A $75(REFUNDABLE) CHARGE, IN ADDITION TO ANY EXTRA SHIPPING FEES.

Can i plz get a quote on quad bi-xenon projector in new factory housing.
I prefer any of these three projectors
  • LS430
  • LR3
  • Murano
i love the beam pattern of these over all.

Can i also plz get prices with and without halos. i already have the HID kit so prices without only plzz. :smile:
have you tried using halo strips to use in place of the turn signals (lower and side)? think it would be a killer ad on plus :tongue:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ace1875 said:
Can i plz get a quote on quad bi-xenon projector in new factory housing.
I prefer any of these three projectors
  • LS430
  • LR3
  • Murano
i love the beam pattern of these over all.

Can i also plz get prices with and without halos. i already have the HID kit so prices without only plzz. :smile:
have you tried using halo strips to use in place of the turn signals (lower and side)? think it would be a killer ad on plus :tongue:

**fixed your link**

:drooling: A quad setup with LS430s would be pretty bad ass, after your bank account healed from getting broken so badly! :crazy: Doesn't look like TRS has any of those available in their current stock right now though.

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
Blckshdw said:
**fixed your link**

:drooling: A quad setup with LS430s would be pretty bad ass, after your bank account healed from getting broken so badly! :crazy: Doesn't look like TRS has any of those available in their current stock right now though.

thanks, was kinda celebrating last night so had too many :crazy: can't remember what i was celebrating.....:confused:.......anyhooo

i use to have a quad setup till some woman backed up her husband's jacked up f350 into my parked TB at walmart and took off, security caught her :biggrin:. i usually park waaaaaayyy out away from the norm dumb ass crowd and she apparently found me :mad:

i saw that TRS had LS460 but that's $740 for 2 pairs O.O

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
wootown22 said:

Mine got CCFL halos, take a look at my album if you like and here's a pic as well, it was taken with a cellphone so it's showing a bit greenish... They're blue in person lol

afa75356.jpg

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I've been MIA for a few weeks. Anybody with pending questions, hit me up and refresh my memory.

Don't forget, I am your one stop source for all retrofit parts. I have access to the entire TRS menu, and will help you choose the right parts.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I think some of us are still looking for Envoy Retrofits.. Get anywhere with that?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Do they give you any discount pricing at all cuz we're the cool kids?

smitty5150

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
TollKeeper said:
I think some of us are still looking for Envoy Retrofits.. Get anywhere with that?

Still sitting on an OEM set. Have been debating whether or not to invest the money in just retrofitting them and hoping that "If you build it, they will come". There is really no structural difference between the TB and Voy lights, from a retrofitters perspective. I guess what I really need is someone to take a leap of faith.

Blckshdw said:

PM me for quotes. We'll see where I end up....

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Does that leap of faith come with a discount? Money is tight right now, and I would love a set of HID powered Projectors, assuming that can be done. But as I said.. Money is tight right now for me..

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:

You get charged double :biggrin:

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
smitty5150 said:
I've been MIA for a few weeks. Anybody with pending questions, hit me up and refresh my memory.

Don't forget, I am your one stop source for all retrofit parts. I have access to the entire TRS menu, and will help you choose the right parts.

You were gonna take us all to a bar and gets us all drunk :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.