Rizzo's '08 Envoy Denali

rizzo20

Original poster
Thanks for the offer man. Im gonna wait and see what the insurance company has to say. There appears to be alot of suspension damage and it hit pretty hard underneath. I have a feeling the frame may be bent..... I wonder if they fix it if they will replace the custom parts underneath? DJM UCA, BellTech struts etc? The left front tire is 1/2" away from rubbing the mud flap area. When I turn the wheel the tire hits the inner fender well.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Your welcome... Not a problem at all. I don't think insurance will cover any aftermarket stuff. What's your deductible look like? The fact that you had a bad set of tires on there might not sit right with insurance company either. Good luck to you and I pray that you don't have frame damage. Thats too sweet of a ride not to have back on the road.

Reactions: rizzo20

rizzo20

Original poster
My deductible is $250 so thats ine good thing. The tires probably have 4/32 tread which is passable but bald to my standards . I been running around all winter on AT's with 10+ 32nds of tread depth . Here is another look from the side. It hit REALLY hard.
20180321_135321.jpg

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Bummer, that's definitely going to drive in circles without a major fix.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Fudge...Didn't notice all that in the first 2 pic's. I would hope that whoever the insurance company send to look it over doesn't say it's a total loose..... I wish I had a 250 deductible. Once again man good luck.

rizzo20

Original poster
Well, as it stands right now the damage estimate is $4,150 . The shop expects to find a few more things once they dig into it but don't expect to find enough issues that will make it a complete loss. The foglight bezels (as expected) are discontinued and can't seem to be found yet , even in used condition. So they will likely rig them back together. I talked to the shop about painting some other stuff on it in place of not getting new bezels. One thing I think I want to do is have them paint the fog bezels white and paint the rear bumper cover where I shaved off the step pad recently.

I happened to have some spare suspension parts that the shop will credit to me so I may end up with cash at the end. I might have to get me a set of summer wheels and keep my TBSS reps for winter use. The shop is booked for the next few weeks so it will be awhile before I'm back up and running.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Yes those foglight bezels are a pain to find used. Occasionally I find them on eBay being sold with foglights but their conditions are hard to judge.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Definitely throw up some pics of the bezels painted. I'm intrigued to see as mine aren't in the best condition and I don't wanna take the gamble with used ones on eBay again.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Thanks! Painted it looks like the bezel is a part of the bumper. Same thing happening to mine. Only thing saving me is the fact that my retrofitted foglights have black bezels so it doesn't show since it reflects the black. I think you've convinced me to paint mine.

rizzo20

Original poster
Cool, glad I could help. Ive copied many of your mods man, good to know Ive helped to give back. Now....what can I do about this chrome grill? White? Black?

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
I finally found a Denali grille more mine to replace the overlay I have. Here's a pic of my grille when I had the vehicle fixed. They painted it white. I didn't like it at all. I repainted it right away. Not the same grille but gives you a visual.IMG_20160605_082002.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I actually think the slightly darker red there looks good. Gives just a bit of contrast.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Dont guess you may recall what part # Duplicolor you used by any chance? Ive tried what they call Olympic White I think and its brighter than my paint. Could be my paint is just dull since its a 2003. I want to do the pillars like yours. I noticed you never did try doing the brake light....i may try to find some white tape and just try to see what it would look like painted. Very intrigued by how yours turned out.
I also need the paint to do my bolt holes in the roof. I just filled them with JB Weld but like i said when i tried the OLY white it stands out anywhere i put it..

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Love the truck.. Been looking for Denali, Rainier, TBSS, TBV8, or 9-7x, with low miles.. Hard to come by, and this market, its even worse!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online