Rims And Tires

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Well the bolt pattern is wrong unless you run adapters. And you'd need a lift to fit those tires as they are 32" tall. Depending on the backspacing of the wheel, you may or may not need a spacer to clear the upper ball joint, but the needed wheel adapters should take care of that anyway.

So, in short, no, they won't directly bolt up.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Sparky said:
Well the bolt pattern is wrong unless you run adapters. And you'd need a lift to fit those tires as they are 32" tall. Depending on the backspacing of the wheel, you may or may not need a spacer to clear the upper ball joint, but the needed wheel adapters should take care of that anyway.

damn the guy on craigslist wanted $300 for rims and tires. im going to lower it this weekend anyhow but thanks

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That would depend on the backspacing of the wheel, but yes odds are it will at least a little bit. Frankly I think these trucks look better with the wheels pushed out at least an inch as that just gets them closer to the fender lip. They're a little far inset stock IMO.

I have stock wheels with 1.5" adapters (and a lift with 32" tires that area also a tad wider). Here's a pic of my truck parked next to a stock Trailblazer for comparison, so you can see where they are at.

101302_zps21c50d51.jpg

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Check out 05TBowners truck, he is running adapters for his wheels.

Also like sparky said it would depend on backspacing, offset and the adapter thickness.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
Check out 05TBowners truck, he is running adapters for his wheels.

Also like sparky said it would depend on backspacing, offset and the adapter thickness.

you just went over my head with backspacing and offset no clue what that is.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
bbarker89 said:
you just went over my head with backspacing and offset no clue what that is.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Wheel Backspacing And Offset - Four Wheeler Magazine

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=92&currentpage=91

Research, research, research, and when you think you have read everything, research some more.

Backspacing is easy, measure from the back of the mounting surface to the rear of the wheel (covered in link 2). Offset is the measurement from the back of mounting surface to the center line of the wheel (link 1). Our trucks as well as most other GM's have a positive offset to the wheels. The same goes for FWD cars (Usually).

Getting a set of adapters will not only allow you to use the more common 6x5.5 lug pattern. It will also space your wheels out closer to the edge of the wheel wells giving you truck a much more aggressive look.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Wheel Backspacing And Offset - Four Wheeler Magazine

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=92&currentpage=91

Research, research, research, and when you think you have read everything, research some more.

Backspacing is easy, measure from the back of the mounting surface to the rear of the wheel (covered in link 2). Offset is the measurement from the back of mounting surface to the center line of the wheel (link 1). Our trucks as well as most other GM's have a positive offset to the wheels. The same goes for FWD cars (Usually).

Getting a set of adapters will not only allow you to use the more common 6x5.5 lug pattern. It will also space your wheels out closer to the edge of the wheel wells giving you truck a much more aggressive look.

wouldnt that look kinda dumb since im lowered to have wheels that stick out?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
To buy spacers to allow you to buy a cheap set of rims and tires, without having a mission like we offroaders do that DEMANDS larger tires, doesn't make a lick of sense. Especially if you are lowering it. If the tires stick out, they're going to hit the fenders when turned and the suspension is compressed.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Sparky said:
That would depend on the backspacing of the wheel, but yes odds are it will at least a little bit. Frankly I think these trucks look better with the wheels pushed out at least an inch as that just gets them closer to the fender lip. They're a little far inset stock IMO.

I have stock wheels with 1.5" adapters (and a lift with 32" tires that area also a tad wider). Here's a pic of my truck parked next to a stock Trailblazer for comparison, so you can see where they are at.

101302_zps21c50d51.jpg

Hey Sparky, I was wondering what tires you're running that got you 32" and how many inches of lift you had to put on her to get it? I'm not trying to go for the 4x4 look as i'm 2wd, I just want my truck to sit a little higher and widen the stance slightly. You seem to be sitting where i want to be compared to the one next to your rig.

Malo

Jan 17, 2014
Sparky said:

Have u ever use wheel adapters am tryna find some wheels for my 05 trailblazer either 20 or 22s but it's hard to find some that are exact 6x127

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
I used wheel adapter on my old tb, seemed good. Had installed at a shop and got site recommend ones from markmc.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraymates

Members Online