Rim and dash pics.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I like it! It's different and it matches the theme your going for. WHo cares what we think though, if you like it, that's all that matters!

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Im just not sure on the dash. Kinda clashes with the white headboard and i really dont wana change Anything i cant change back to stock.

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Not my cup of tea.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
I kinda like the wheels and the level of detail paid to them, but I'm totally not digging the yellow dash tho...
I find it too distracting now - I can't imagine sitting and staring at that for hours at a time... :confused:

Now with that said, as Voymom said, it's your ride... if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks... :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
hmmmmmm.... :undecided:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I think you need a cam and a maggie so when ppl hate you can show them whats up.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
CdnGMan said:
I kinda like the wheels and the level of detail paid to them, but I'm totally not digging the yellow dash tho...
I find it too distracting now - I can't imagine sitting and staring at that for hours at a time... :confused:

Now with that said, as Voymom said, it's your ride... if you like it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks... :thumbsup:

I kinda fill the same way on the dash. Everyone around here seems to like it but us. The rims are not changing. they are just WOW lol. Im gana do a pearl on the dash. That will flow good with the black and white.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
ElAviator72 said:
Is that sucking sound the sound of the air coming out of your resale value? :rotfl:

Nope. Everything can be changed back. ill never sale it anyway.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
stormsurge said:
Nope. Everything can be changed back. ill never sale it anyway.

:thumbsup: Shooting something through the block gives better reasoning for a drag build.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
The dash is a bit much for me, I like all black inside, but I kinda like the rims. I definitely think you should try plasti-dipping the faces of the rims, so they are black with yellow sides, that would look pretty wild.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Its different and i cannot hate on that. my honest opinion is the chrome and yellow clash. it doesn't look right to me.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
:thumbsup: Shooting something through the block gives better reasoning for a drag build.

Still under warranty. Mods after 2013 = Cam, Efans, headers, tune till it breakes lol

Foz

Dec 4, 2011
eutechnyx said:
Its different and i cannot hate on that. my honest opinion is the chrome and yellow clash. it doesn't look right to me.

i kind of agree with this...if the rims were black with the yellow accents it may be alot more badazz..i think it would match your tbss more

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
My plan was=is to plasydip the spokes and see what it looks like. Gata let the yellow cure and wax it before taping it off. If we like it. Ill paint it black mat.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
rmsg0040 said:
It screams look at me

He found the wow factor! :thumbsup:

It's not just another, see them Black wheels, where, there, which one, that one, no that, that over there, no that one next to those others :crazy:

Foz

Dec 4, 2011
stormsurge said:
My plan was=is to plasydip the spokes and see what it looks like. Gata let the yellow cure and wax it before taping it off. If we like it. Ill paint it black mat.

Very cool. Cant wait to see how that turns out. I think it will look sharp and the yellow should really pop then.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Well i took it out on the town to see what peaple thought. WOW, Everyone was loven the rims. Even had a cop give me a thumbs up lol. Good thing i had the cutout closed. No one thought i should paint the spokes black. Ill see what everyone thinks at the nationals in june. Thanks for the input everyone.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Love the wheels...don't cheapen the look w black.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
The rims look really good! I am not a big fan of the dash though. I do like the door handle rings being painted. You should just stick with a few smaller pieces on the interior, the dash panel is just to much.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
stormsurge said:
Well i took it out on the town to see what peaple thought. WOW, Everyone was loven the rims. Even had a cop give me a thumbs up lol. Good thing i had the cutout closed. No one thought i should paint the spokes black. Ill see what everyone thinks at the nationals in june. Thanks for the input everyone.

That's the best part about the plastidip. You can try it on one and see if you like it, if not, peel it back off and go about your day. I think on the black truck it would look awesome. The yellow would show up even better

On the interior, like I said, not crazy about the yellow dash, but what would go nice with the truck is you could leave the handle rings, the aluminum insert in the shifter could be yellow, and get some of the aftermarket shifter boots, and console pad with black leather with the yellow triple stitching.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
Dude. I love your truck! I think it looks amazing!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Oh man that is GREAT! Even my wife likes it and she's definitely not into cars.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
are those stock wheels and polished? did you clear the entire wheel or just the paint?

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Love the look of that!

I went orange instead because i thought yellow would be too bright and i was right. But we defiantly have some interiors that stand out compared so the rest.:cool:

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
jimmyjam said:
are those stock wheels and polished? did you clear the entire wheel or just the paint?[/Q Just stock. Stiped and polished. I Did'nt clear any of it. Im Still gana plasydip them for winter. The salts hard on them.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
FlyingFischer said:
Love the look of that!

I went orange instead because i thought yellow would be too bright and i was right. But we defiantly have some interiors that stand out compared so the rest.:cool:

Nice. i used a light gray primer on the dash and it looked really good. close match to the white.

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
That's plastidip right? I can't find yellow...

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
jbones said:
He found the wow factor! :thumbsup:

It's not just another, see them Black wheels, where, there, which one, that one, no that, that over there, no that one next to those others :crazy:

Ya got it. I see more black than stock now. Its just so easy to do. And im just not easy lol. Dont ask my wife.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online