Returning to stock, sorta

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Well I used to have HID headlights and HID fogs. One of my headlight ballasts burned out and I was tired of the occasional only one headlight on till you turn off and back on the headlights, so back to stock for those. I am running Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs and couldn't be happier ( been over a year now).

A few weeks ago I noticed a HID fog light out, well back to stock for those. I did miss having 6 beam on MOD I had done with the HIDs. So when the headlights went back stock I had done one of the quad headlight mods, ( flash to pass wiring mod).

Now that the fogs were replaced I lost the fogs on with High I used to have. I looked up the articles on here and found the "Alternative method to add a 4 or 6 beam headlight setup" mod listed. I just so happen to have some diodes still on the truck from the previous 6 beam mod I had done.

I'm happy to say that I now have my 6 beam light mod back, with all stock lighting.

Of course it was sunny when I started and it started to snow by the time I was done. I hate winter.

ssmedt

Dec 8, 2011
I feel your pain but I dont think I can ever go back to regular low beams. My hid highs went out a few months ago and I just put the stock bulbs back in for that

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I didn't think I could ever go back to stock lows, but those Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs from Philips, are great. Huge improvement over regular halogen bulbs.

And with the light housings on the Buick, it's just a great combo.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I'm rocking my stock lows now as well. The relay harness I was using for 4 years started causing the left low beam to go out intermittently (break in the copper under the insulation somewhere on the positive circuit), so the stocks are in until I can build my own HID relay harness.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
sse1990 said:
I didn't think I could ever go back to stock lows, but those Crystal Vision Ultra bulbs from Philips, are great. Huge improvement over regular halogen bulbs.

And with the light housings on the Buick, it's just a great combo.

could you post pics of how these look @ nite

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I'll see what I can do. Gonna have to clean them first due to a nice coat of salty winter crap on them.

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I did give them a quick cleaning today, but right now it is stuck behind another vehicle in the driveway.

I would have to go back through my pics cause I am almost sure I took pics when I first changed them, but I could be wrong. If not I will try this week as I have class till 9 on Tuesday so I will outside in the dark anyhow.

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
If I was home it would be easy, but I wont be at home with my truck for another 5 weeks. I'll get it done though.

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Haven't had a chance to get a picture. Too much light around here to get anything decent. Plus I don't have any comparison shot as anything I have taken previously is taken at a different time and different environment. I'm going home this weekend ( first time in a month), but without he truck. I will look to see if I still have a stock halogen bulb that I can use as comparison.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online