Retrofit key fobs

REDLTZ

Original poster
May 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Boost auto is making retrofit key fobs that are like the 2015 style Silverado keys I was thinking about picking one up and trying to program it they make fob for 2002 and up Chevy trucks but they don’t mention it will work for a Trailblazer I assume that it will I was wondering if anyone tryed them out

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Search and compare part numbers for trailblazer fobs vs the full size trucks' fobs in the required years. If the factory ones are interchangeable then those should be as well. Very easy to program as long as one of your front door lock switches work.

Reactions: mrrsm

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I'll bet they do. I can (and have) interchanged the fobs between my Sierra and Envoy, and they both use the same mating procedure. But they're both the same fob type / generation, too.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you are interested, there are also flip keys with remotes available however, when inserting it into the ignition, it is perpendicular to the two nubs on it, which makes it look weird.

Even Darth Vader has one!

Brian K

Apr 5, 2012
My 09 Envoy (Canadian Edition) takes a different chipped key because there are 'ears' on the ignition switch which prevents larger keys from going in - my key has a small head and is chippped. The FOB remote is pretty standard but the keys were nearly impossible to find - until I went to the local dealer and they had one for ~$30. Surprisingly cheap! Programming instructions were flakey though - I needed 2 keys to program the new one. The dealer had wrong programming instructions and told me I'd have to take it into service and get them to add it - for $100. 2 key method worked.

• Wow
Reactions: Mooseman

Lt. Rick

Nov 17, 2020
Michigan
How did this turn out? I despise the standard key and fob. It would be nice to get a newer style one. Not sure how to program though

lmeadows

Jan 11, 2021
Delaware
Did this work I’m looking into getting a set of new fobs for my trailblazer but don’t feel like risking it if they don’t work

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online