Retrofit Homelink overhead console

Bill Reid

Original poster
Dec 18, 2015
Chandler, AZ
Going to retrofit a Homelink console to my Trailblazer that currently has nothing overhead. There is a plastic support skeleton that mounts to the actual roof via 4 screws. This plastic skeleton is in between the headliner and the roof. The console actually mounts to this skeleton. In the roof there are 4 fasteners... kinda like a push nut. Anyway you cannot remove them from a junkyard vehicle without destroying them... or at least I haven't found a way. I also cannot find the part number for them as the GM description doesn't even show how the consoles mount to the roof. If anyone knows the part number on this fastener I'd sure like to have it. Below is a pic of one I pulled out of a junkyard Trailblazer. I broke it getting it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: Interesting, I never took my headliner down before to see what's under it. Did you get a new headliner, that has cutouts, or are you modding the one you have?

Bill Reid

Original poster
Dec 18, 2015
Chandler, AZ
As you can see in the 2nd pic above I cutout a "template" from a bad headliner at the junkyard.

I did some more looking on line and found the "skeleton" or bracket part number 89023744 shown below. I called a dealership and they are telling me that #2 retainer comes with the bracket only... and the guy couldn't even give me a part number for the retainer :sadcry: Anyway that is what I'm looking for. Any fastener experts in here? :smile: I could sure use some help either locating #2 or perhaps a suitable alternative. Thanks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm pretty sure if you go into the parts store and look either in the fastener rack or the Help! section, you should find it. It looks similar to the one for the grill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScannerHeath

Members Online