"Resolution On Saturn"

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
The two most significant events for me back in 1982 was that at the age of 33, I ran and completed The British-American Marathon... 26 Miles...385 Yards.

BRITISHAMERICANMARATHON112282.jpg

....and WGBH Boston produced this amazing documentary called "Resolution On Saturn" for NOVA on PBS. This film describes the Multi-Billion Mile treks of Voyager I and Voyager II Space Craft Probes to the Outer Solar System, recording images of these Planets and their Moons for the first time in Human History.

This is an Absolute Master Work here... a mixture of The Perfect Narration from the Perfect Voice as he describes Real Science and explains these unfolding events for the understanding of the Average Lay Person.

And all of this was set against a backdrop of Wagner's music from "The Twilight of The Gods" Götterdämmerung ...while Beautiful, (Primitive by today's standards) but Marvelous Computer Graphics were used for the very first time to show the Voyager Space Craft approaching and then leaving the Jovian and Saturnian Planetary Systems in Outer Space.

It has taken me quite a while to run down this Documentary and I FINALLY Located the BEST Re-production of it EVER from an Old VHS Tape stored HERE over at The Internet Archive:

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online

No members online now.