NEED HELP Resetting the Digital AC Temp

triz

Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
So my digital AC controls outside temp is reading 20 degrees higher than it should. I replaced the sensor and tried to "reset" it. Will someone share the reset in case I got it wrong. I got the information from the other site. So not sure if the procedure has changed.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Seen this post below from Roadie from an old thread here on GMTN. Not sure if it differs from what you found on the OS.

Simple plug and play. If the system needs sensor resetting, it's a simple matter of pressing MODE, DEFROST, and REAR DEFROST all at the same time.

Another option posted in the same thread.

Unless it reads incorrectly after replacing, there is nothing more to do. If it reads wrong, there is a button sequence to reset it or you could pull the HVAC fuse (rear fuse block, fuse 36) or disconnect the battery.

triz

Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
I did the whole mode, rear defrost front defrost at the same time. The temperature actually goes up. It was 112 degrees out.

Pulled the fuses and no change. Even after driving for about 15 minutes it's still way off.

triz

Original poster
Apr 22, 2013
So just to update. I had to pull all the HVAC fuses for it to reset. I think there were 3. Happy to say this morning it was working + or - 3 degrees.

Reactions: dmanns67 and C-ya

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online