Replying to GMTNation Notifications

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
When someone replies to a thread that you're subscribed to, sends a PM, or replies to a PM, you'll get an email notification. Many of you have been replying to these emails with your response to that member... that doesn't work. Your messages have not reached their desired recipients.

Starting today, if you reply to such an email notification, your email will fail and bounce back with a message explaining that you can't reply in this manner.

If you've recently replied to a thread or PM, you should go back and check to make sure you didn't accidentally reply to the email notification (which MANY of you have) instead of logging in and replying correctly.

If you're waiting for someone to reply to a thread or PM and they haven't... there is a chance they replied via email and didn't realize it.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
JamesL3 said:
Doesn't the email notification state not to respond via that way? I always assumed it was just for notification purposes and you had to respond on the forum.
Correct, this is exactly what it says in the email:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!
You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:
Yet, tons of people have been replying to them anyway. I've been trying to remind them on a case-by-case basis, but it's getting too tedious. Now, the system will do it for me.

Reactions: JamesL3

stvrob

May 28, 2014
I always ignore those silly "PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" messages. It's like taking orders from a computer!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher