Replacing TCC valve in 4L60e

guy77

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hi everyone. I am having the OD gear in my Trailblazer shift back into 3rd when I am driving at highway speeds and only hitting the gas lightly.

I have heard this is caused by the TCC valve needing to be replaced in the Valve body.

I was wondering if this could be done with just the pan off and the valve body exposed or if the valve body needs to be removed completely from the transmission.

Thanks

guy77

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I dropped the tranny pan tonight and did a fluid and filter change. I could see the solunoid for the tcc valve accessible from the side of the valve body so if the tcc valve is right behind it I think I should be ok.:undecided:

pennywise

Mar 28, 2012
I have the work package for the TCC valve. Its too large to upload here. If you PM me with your emailI can send it to you.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It actually isn't bumping down to 3rd, it is staying in 4th. Just the torque converter isn't staying locked.

</details nazi> :tongue:

I've used the Transgo kit to fix and/or prevent stock TCC lockup issues. A little more involved than simply the valve only but it is a nice upgrade all around, IMO. Both my vehicles have 4L60E transmissions and both have the kit installed.

plaen

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:
It actually isn't bumping down to 3rd, it is staying in 4th. Just the torque converter isn't staying locked.

</details nazi> :tongue:

I've used the Transgo kit to fix and/or prevent stock TCC lockup issues. A little more involved than simply the valve only but it is a nice upgrade all around, IMO. Both my vehicles have 4L60E transmissions and both have the kit installed.

I have a trans go in both of mine as well, it wasn't that bad of an install, and for 39 bucks a cheap upgrade. The tcc locks and stays locked till I push on the go pedal about half way.

For just the valve, iirc, the valve is too long to pull out with the valvebody in the car still, I think the actual valve is two pieces also, which would be a pain to remove. My suggestion is to pull the valvebody and toss in a transgo kit, it comes with a one piece upgraded tcc valve also. I didn't change the 1-2 servo on the side, and replaced all the accumulators with pinless ones from sonnax, total I spent was about 70 bucks for the kit, 3 accumulator pistons from eBay, a filter kit from Autozone, and also 3.79 a quart for dex 6 from Walmart.

guy77

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks everyone for all the info very helpfull.... man what did people do before we had Forums like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I drove a bit after the tranny fluid and filter change and problem has partially gone away! I can hit the gas a bit at highway speeds and the torque converter stays locked up ........but I do notice that I use to be able to stab the gas a bit harder and she would still stay locked up.

All in all I am pleased with the improvment

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher