Replacing Rear Upper Control Arms

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
Hi all,
Quick question about the rear upper control arms. Mine are shot and need to be replaced. Should I go stock ac delco or is anyone familiar with adjustable ones and have a recommended brand?
Thanks in advance

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I know of 2 companies that make aftermarket rear uppers and lowers Spohn and Massive. I have the spohn set up with uppers, lowers and panhard bar. Massive also has this kit.

Reactions: Pygot

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
Yea Im not a huge fan of the stock setup looks kind of cheap IMO. Im gonna try and order parts today just wanted to see what people on the all-knowing forum have done. Thanks!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Factory style uppers are cheesy yes, they can rust and snap with age. But, replace em once and they're ok another 8 years so w/e...

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
I ended up going with the adjustable spohns as I have adjusted the ride height from stock. Not gonna say it was worth it but the price wasnt crazy different so I just went for it. Turns out the factory is shut down rn due to the pandemic so I had to order them from a backstock supplier.

Pygot

Original poster
Dec 6, 2019
RI
Actually since spohn is completely shut down I am going with the massive ones.. they are a bit cheaper at $225 as well

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.