Replacing all the transmission cooler lines.

JayArr

Original poster
Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
Hi All

This seems simple so I'm asking in case I've missed something. Sometimes I have "DUH" moments that need correction. LOL

I've purchased the transmission oil cooler from PCM of NC.

Is there any reason not to run rubber coolant lines or steel braided lines from the transmission directly to the cooler? The OEM transmission lines have a tendancy to rust and they are a real bitch to replace so the idea to do away with them entirely popped into my head. Seems logical but then later I wondered why GM didn't just run hoses?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
They use a lot of salt in winter in BC? Just inspect them and if they're good, leave them.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Check the lines near the trans inside the heat protective sheathing.

The trans lines hold up very well, the couplings can put up a fight if corroded.

I would not use rubber lines behind the coupling under the washer fluid tank, mainly from the proximity of the exhaust manifold and the cat.

The rear lines are a PITA, just takes patience and being a contortionist.

Reactions: Mooseman

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
For your future "Peace of Mind"... here are two After-Market Pre-Bent Options...one which is Complete Stainless Steel:

2002-2009 Plain Steel Transmission Cooler Line Set:

https://www.sstubes.com/products/ttc0201om-02-09-trailblazer-transmission-cooler-line-steel

TTC0201OM - 02-09 Trailblazer 4.2L; Transmission Cooler Line; Steel

2002-2009 Stainless Steel Transmission Cooler Line Set:

TTC0201SS - 02-09 Trailblazer 4.2L; Transmission Cooler Line; Stainless

https://www.sstubes.com/products/ttc0201ss-02-09-trailblazer-transmission-cooler-line-stainless

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.