replacing air bags? 2004 Envoy 4x4 XUV

Jimmyz

Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
There are a ton of treads on here about replacing rear air bags with coils. I want to do it. My question is can I just remove the rear air bags and put in a new set of Moog springs? I don't want to lift or lower the back on my Envoy. Also, What do I do with the air compressor?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Swap to coils and pull the fuse on the compressor. Sell the compressor to folks with bad ones. Profit!

Jimmyz

Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
the roadie said:
Swap to coils and pull the fuse on the compressor. Sell the compressor to folks with bad ones. Profit!

cool! I just bought a set of Moog rear coils for $90

Jimmyz

Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Tiggerr said:
$45.79 For Moog coils on rockauto:lipsrsealed:

Yes I saw that. But they were $90 in stock at my local Advanced Auto Parts, Came with the rubber pads, and I had a $50 discount coupon for Advanced Auto to use. :yes:

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Jimmyz said:
Yes I saw that. But they were $90 in stock at my local Advanced Auto Parts, Came with the rubber pads, and I had a $50 discount coupon for Advanced Auto to use. :yes:

Nice!!

Here's a stupid question,,,,I am about to do this on my Rainier,,,,can i reuse my stock shocks for now? or do I HAVE to change them as the shock for coil sprung trucks appear to be different part number,,,whats the difference??

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Reuse the shocks that came on it, unless they're crapped out already (meaning over 50K or so.) The slight change in valving is indetectable by anybody but a professional test driver, compared to how the shocks deteriorate with age anyway.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesussaves

Members Online