Replacement seat leather for Trailblazer

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hey folks, been awhile since I've posted here. The front leather seats in my 2004 Trailblazer have just about had it and I want to get the leather replaced before I start damaging the foam. When I went online to try and find something suitable, I found tons of "seat covers" (ugh!) but I'm looking to replace the factory leather. The only other thing I found was, I think Katzkin(?) running at a whopping $1000 per seat! So yeah, I'm not having much luck here.

Any chance someone can point me in the right direction?

I need to take the driver's seat apart anyway as the bottom seat warmer has died (back still works fine) so if anyone has leads on one of those of decent quality, can you let me know?

Thanks!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I need to take the driver's seat apart anyway as the bottom seat warmer has died (back still works fine) so if anyone has leads on one of those of decent quality, can you let me know?
Probably a pick-a-part yard is the best place for the element. The passenger side is usually still good. They always break under the thigh area where it passes under a metal retaining rod so recommend to not do that with the replacement. While you're there, also grab the passenger foam. Although it's a little different, it can be made to fit and will be in better shape than the driver's. Check for the leather however they're usually not any better than the one you're replacing.

Reactions: Matt

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
I picked up the seat leather from Fleabait:

Didn't get the padding, but going to try to get over to the boneyard at some point and see about pulling a passenger's seat. Might try for the seat heaters as well, since I haven't decided if I trust the Dorman versions RockAuto sells yet.

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online