Replacement Grille

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
The grill and crossbar on my 2005 TB is pretty messed up from the previous owner. I was considering a replacement. My TB is silver, so I was considering going with an all-black piece like this:
grille.jpg
My center bowtie is pretty shabby, so I'm not thrilled about transferring it over. I can buy a new one, or paint the existing one. Anyone have other suggestions as to what to put in its place?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Be aware if it isn't an official GM grille most likely it won't have the indentation for the bow tie. Makes the bow tie look weird sticking out. But maybe you could do your own thing... Not sure what I'd put there though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I did the all black one for awhile and reused the stock bowtie in several colors. I simply spray paint it as I want from time to time to freshen up the look. I also have a billet silver bowtie that looks good on the all black.

I could not beat the prices here. $32 for the black and $46 with chrome bar. I actually ended up getting an all chrome somehow and it is fun to play with at times. They have bowties as well.
https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2...ody_mechanical_-ar-_trim/grille_assembly.html

JimInRadfordVA

Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
Be aware if it isn't an official GM grille most likely it won't have the indentation for the bow tie. Makes the bow tie look weird sticking out. But maybe you could do your own thing... Not sure what I'd put there though.

The one I looked at showed an indentation and holes for the bowtie.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
All the replacements I have gotten have holes but some are indented and others just shaped. I like the bowtie sticking out though since mine are always custom

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I got a replacement once for the 02 and used my old bow tie blacked out with Plasti-Dip. Still have it and on my 07. I hate chrome.

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I second the black Plasti-Dip for the bow tie. Been on for five years now and never needed a touchup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online