SOLVED! Replaced the battery, and now the AC doesn't work

joe mama

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
2003 with the manual HVAC control module. It was blowing nice and cold until I put in the new battery. Now it only comes out at one temperature: HOT, and that's regardless of where I move the temperature levers. I can direct that hot air to all the vents, but pressing the AC on/off switch does nothing. The recirc button does nothing. The amber lights on those buttons don't illuminate either. Selecting the defroster vents fails to turn on the compressor like it usually does.

Bought it new in 2003, and never had to replace one of the actuators. I'm just starting to look at the fuses.

Last edited:
Reactions: c good

joe mama

Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
OK, problem solved after the simple procedure with the 10A fuse pulled, as spelled out below. I had not seen a post where the AC on/off and the recirc buttons didn't work or even turn on the amber lights, which is why I posted this. But following the procedure below fixed it in just a few minutes.

1 - remove the "HVAC B" 10A fuse for 1 minute from the fuse box under the back seat
2 - re-install the fuse, then run the engine for 1-2 minutes
3 - turn the engine off for 30 seconds
4 - re-start the engine, and see if it worked

It worked on the first try for me, and I'm posting in case anyone else has the same symptoms after a disconnecting the battery.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online