Repainted my yellow calipers black.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
A few peaple didn't like my yellow calipers, so i changed them to black. I like them better. Trucks a little dusty. waiting for the pait to cure. :eek:

Simon01

Dec 5, 2011
Even though I didn't see the truck with yellow calipers, I think it looks pretty sharp with the yellow trim on the rims. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
hmmmm... im a little on the fence here... but its your truck.. if you like it.. thats all that matters :thumbsup:

thats definetly different though.. gotta love the uniqueness of it...

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
The rims threw me off at first as I'm not a Hawkeye fan lol...BUT after looking at it a few times it's actually grown on me a lot. I absolutely love how different it is from everything else I have seen. I like it a lot!!!

I would paint the other part(spokes) of the rims black to match the theme and bring the yellow out more, but that's just me lol

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I want to see Black Rims,Red Lips. good work

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
The insides got messed up from the salt this year, so i sanded + painted them. It really looks alot better than the pics. Im thinking plasticdip for the faces in the winter. Black faces. Ill get some closer shots later. Love my new airbrush. House of kollor has some new pearls out im gana check on. Might just change it all. Need to stop with the little stuff and save up for my cowl hood. Havn't found a old hood for the right price yet, but it will come. Thanks

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I like the yellow addition on the wheels :thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree tho adding black to the face of the wheels will get it flow more with the truck yes try that plati and see how it looks

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
TexazReece said:
I like the yellow addition on the wheels :thumbsup::thumbsup: I agree tho adding black to the face of the wheels will get it flow more with the truck yes try that plati and see how it looks

If plasty look good i might use a black, blue, purple, pearl.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
stormsurge said:
If plasty look good i might use a black, blue, purple, pearl.

One of those colors, or all of them mixed together? :raspberry: :biggrin:

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Voymom said:
One of those colors, or all of them mixed together? :raspberry: :biggrin:

All of them. A pearl shows Different colors from different angles but would still be very dark like the black matalic thats on the truck. I painted some of the dash yellow last year, And i think its a bit much. so im gana pearl it.

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
i think the yellow calipers would be sweet yeloow if the rims were plastidipped black,,,all black.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I think just the yellow callipers with the ss logo is subtle. I'd maybe like red calipers a little more and black just kind of blends into the background. When you paint them do you completeley remove them from the car disconnecting the lines and paint them in a booth? How do you go about prepping them since presumably they have some corrosion on them?

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Jkust said:
I think just the yellow callipers with the ss logo is subtle. I'd maybe like red calipers a little more and black just kind of blends into the background. When you paint them to you completeley remove them from the car disconnecting the lines and paint them in a booth? How do you go about prepping them since presumably they have some corrosion on them?

the calipers, You can just use brake cleaner and wire brush on a drill or grinder/ sandpaper. The rims i use 300 grit sand paper, etching primer and paint. I mix my own but rustolium works great on both. never found a need to by the caliper paint kits. Wast of money. You can make the calipers really nice with a little grinding. I left the calipers on and painted the rotors too. the tires need to come off. it makes all the taping/sanding alot easyer. One tire = about 3 hours of prep+paint.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
stormsurge said:
the calipers, You can just use brake cleaner and wire brush on a drill or grinder/ sandpaper. The rims i use 300 grit sand paper, etching primer and paint. I mix my own but rustolium works great on both. never found a need to by the caliper paint kits. Wast of money. You can make the calipers really nice with a little grinding. I left the calipers on and painted the rotors too. the tires need to come off. it makes all the taping/sanding alot easyer. One tire = about 3 hours of prep+paint.

Good to know, I'd like to paint my 9-7 calipers black since they aren't shiny and nice looking like our Rainier.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Really liking the yellow accent on the wheels.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
When i got the first side done it was like WOW. Way better than i thought it would look. They really stand out at night. How long before we see more like them? Im gana post in tbssowners, sure i will get shot down in there. But its fun to see what they say.

stormsurge

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
jayd1563 said:
i think the yellow calipers would be sweet yeloow if the rims were plastidipped black,,,all black.

Like the other 50% of ss. Black is getting old. i wanted something new. They would look good like that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online