Removing remote start

Butcherman

Original poster
Dec 30, 2011
Getting ready to sell or trade in my 07 TB. I had a Viper 5301 remote start put in by a authorized Viper dealer. Is it practical to remove it before I get rid of the vehicle or because of all the wiring should it be left alone and go with the vehicle. I would like to put it in whatever vehicle I get to replace the TB. (Going back to a pickup....)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It shouldn't be that bad to remove, just don't hack and slash everything as you go along. If you have the Viper installation manual, that should help by going through how to install it and basically go in reverse. Just check for any of the vehicle's wires that may have been cut at the ignition switch/steering column and re-connect them back together. The installation manual should tell you if there are any.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
06envoydenali said:
when i bought my voy it came with the viper remote start and i look at it as a plus i wouldnt take it out i love it

They want it for the new vehicle.

Honestly I would leave it, and buy a new one for the new vehicle. You can get a decent one for about $100 these days and a badass one for about $150-$200. Install is not bad depending on vehicle.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I would call it a day I had all that jazz in my LT left it in for the next guy, If I were to attempt to pull it and mess up something some how it would result in just more headache. And Im glad I did it cause the guy that owned the SS left me an Viper Alarm/Remote start. lol

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Tough call. On one hand, you'll save money by not having to repurchase a unit. On the other hand, many shops charge more for installing a carry in unit then they do for the price of a new unit installed.

I suggest leaving it in there, unless you are going to do the reinstallation.

If you do pull it out, in most cases only the starter wire needs to be reconnected.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Well if you know where the place is that installed the starter they usually will remove and reinstall the same on in a new car of your choice. It's for a fee of course but if you like it would be worth it you know. I know the place I went to does that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online