Removing or disabling keyless entry and alarm

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I have an '06 Trailblazer. Previous owner installed an Omega REC-43 keyless entry system with an alarm. I really want this thing gone or disabled. I found where the modules are in the vehicle a while back when I programmed a remote. Is there a way to permanently disable this system or remove it without screwing up the truck?
thanks in advance.
-Mike

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Info I find says that the REC-43 is an axillary unit for adding channels to an existing system.

You would need to find the actual brain for the system. If it is just keyless and alarm with no R/S then it should not be too much trouble to remove. Just need to chase some wires.

What is your reason for wanting it out if you dont mind me asking?

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Info I find says that the REC-43 is an axillary unit for adding channels to an existing system.

You would need to find the actual brain for the system. If it is just keyless and alarm with no R/S then it should not be too much trouble to remove. Just need to chase some wires.

What is your reason for wanting it out if you dont mind me asking?

You're correct, it is the receiver...the 'brain' module is right next to the REC-43. Installer taped the two modules together and zip tied in behind the head light switch. The truck is an LS but didn't have factory keyless entry.

Main reason for wanting it disabled is that A. the remote case has broken x3 now and falls off my keychain. B. Every few days, the unlock function decides not to work, even after I got a new key fob. If I use my key to open the door, the alarm (horn) goes off and gets embarrassing after a while. I'd like to just shut down the whole thing and use my key.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
You can try disconnecting the main harness, should be like 16 wires and try.and start the truck. If it has the starter interrupt relay installed that will most likely cause it cut the ignition. It may be tedious but removal is possible depending on how far the installer went. Can you trace the wires to a bypass module? Check the OBD harness for any wires tapped into it. Iirc irs blue or purple for the data wire.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online