removing lower control arm at the knuckle

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
I am really missing something here...trying to loosen the lower front control arm so I can replace the bracket. plan is to let the arm pivot on the strut. I have the ball joint stud loose but can't get it all the way out because it's hitting part of the knuckle (see pic) before the stud clears the hole. gotta be something simple...but I've never done this job before. hints?ball joint wtf.jpg

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I am really missing something here...trying to loosen the lower front control arm so I can replace the bracket. plan is to let the arm pivot on the strut. I have the ball joint stud loose but can't get it all the way out because it's hitting part of the knuckle (see pic) before the stud clears the hole. gotta be something simple...but I've never done this job before. hints?View attachment 90907
Need to disconnect upper ball joint so the assembly can tip out before removing lower.

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Need to disconnect upper ball joint so the assembly can tip out before removing lower.
ok...that makes sense. gotta do the upper arm anyway, so that fits into the overal scheme. thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.