Removing center and passenger side vents

guiltyimnot

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Alright...I've looked and searched but not having much luck. From what I can find I need to remove 2 screws above the stereo to pull out the center vent assembly. No problem there. But I can no find anything on removing the passenger vent assembly. I am trying to remove them so I can pain them to match the large console piece around the steering wheel and center stack. This is for an 06 trailblazer. And help would be appreciated as I have 3 days off and would like to get it done. Thanks all!!

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
guiltyimnot said:
Alright...I've looked and searched but not having much luck. From what I can find I need to remove 2 screws above the stereo to pull out the center vent assembly. No problem there. But I can no find anything on removing the passenger vent assembly. I am trying to remove them so I can pain them to match the large console piece around the steering wheel and center stack. This is for an 06 trailblazer. And help would be appreciated as I have 3 days off and would like to get it done. Thanks all!!

On the side of the dash there is a panel, that will pop off. Once you remove that panel, you will see a screw/nut, once that screw/nut is removed, the vent can be popped out.

guiltyimnot

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Thank you. It was a bigger pita that I anticipated to get the screws out but I got it done and it looks great! Now to figure out what's next. Center console maybe?View attachment 21184

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558428.111431.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558428.111431.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 70
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558474.271202.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338558474.271202.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 70

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011

guiltyimnot

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Are you talking about the part with the airbag behind it? I know I don't want to do the whole dash. I didn't think messing with the airbag cover was a good idea. I found all the screws to pull up the center console. Do I have to remove the gear shift to get it all the way off? Not sure how the shift boot and ebrake boots are attached either and don't want to ruin either. Unless they can be cheaply replaces. They are both getting gross.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
guiltyimnot said:
Are you talking about the part with the airbag behind it? I know I don't want to do the whole dash. I didn't think messing with the airbag cover was a good idea. I found all the screws to pull up the center console. Do I have to remove the gear shift to get it all the way off? Not sure how the shift boot and ebrake boots are attached either and don't want to ruin either. Unless they can be cheaply replaces. They are both getting gross.

Yes the shift boot/handle has to be removed. There is only a single screw holding it on, after that your can just pop it off(if you have stabilitrack you have to disconect the plug)E brake boot dose not have to be messed with

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online