Remove the Bose Amp

claymca

Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
About 2 years ago I installed the Sony XDP-MU110.
x158XDPM110-F_zpsb02a4f58.jpeg

What I did was remove the Low Level Signals and speaker connections from the wiring harness connected to the amp to take the amp out of the picture. Used Crossovers to keep hi and low signals separate to the front speakers.

I am using my old iPhone 4 as the source but I no longer use it as my phone so there is no network connection. I have an single din unit i removed from my wife's old car and was planning on putting that in in place of the Sony unit to stream from my Note 4. I was thinking on removing the BOSE amp completely and replacing with compact 4 channel amp. Any cons to doing this.

claymca

Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
About 2 years ago I installed the Sony XDP-MU110.
x158XDPM110-F_zpsb02a4f58.jpeg

What I did was remove the Low Level Signals and speaker connections from the wiring harness connected to the amp to take the amp out of the picture. Used Crossovers to keep hi and low signals separate to the front speakers.

I am using my old iPhone 4 as the source but I no longer use it as my phone so there is no network connection. I have an single din unit i removed from my wife's old car and was planning on putting that in in place of the Sony unit to stream from my Note 4. I was thinking on removing the BOSE amp completely and replacing with compact 4 channel amp. Any cons to doing this.
Anybody?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Pretty sure it would be fine with the only downside being you gotta tap the wires/cut the connector off to wire them into the new amp and you'll also have to run power and remote wires for the amp. If you were keeping the stock radio it would be an issue.

Probably lose door chimes but that's not a necessity.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackn3y

Members Online