Remote starter question.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone,

My fiancée and I just recently purchased a 2015 GMC Acadia. It has a factory remote starter and I love the fact that I can start it through the My GMC app.

Is there a way to add this feature to my 2007 Trailblazer LT? Was there ever an option for factory remote starting for the GMT360 platform? Would this be a hugely complicated mod?

I welcome any ides, thoughts, opinions, or suggestions. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Thank you all for the time!

Respectfully,
George D.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
As a factory option I'm not sure. However most aftermarket starters allow for an add on module to be controlled via a cellphone app. You can get really excessive with aftermarket remote start apps and have it control the hvac temps (digital) defrosters roll down the windows and change radio stations. I just want to push a button and have it start though.

As for complication, if you can do simple electrical diagnostics and know how to splice wires, as well as read instructions, you can install a remote start. Takes a few hours and there is about 12wires to tap all together.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don`t think such an option was ever available since this platform ended with the 2009 model year and that option never made it. There are certainly aftermarket options including some that use the stock key fob to remote start or a bypass and integration module that can work with other aftermarket remote systems. Some are so simple that there isn't any splicing of the vehicle's wiring except to the OBD wire and connect a battery + and ground to the unit.

I'll be using an integration unit with an older remote start that doesn't use a data link to the unit. I'll be using a Fortin Evo-All unit for the integration. First time doing one like this. I might do a small write up about it if successful.

Sneakycyber

Oct 30, 2017
Ohio
As mentioned the 2007 doesn't support factory fob integration. I am using a DEI DBALL2 with an Avital remote start. The DBALL2 bypass controls everything with 1 obd2 connection (plus ground and Data link [4 wires] to the remote start. It controls the locks, alarm, heated seats, heated mirrors, defrost, ignition bypass, door trigger, hood trigger and a few others.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.