remote start recommendations

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
Hey fellow GMT Nation peeps,

Looking for a remote starter for my kids 04 Tb LS base. No onstar, no bose etc. Its the base of base models. nothing fancy and would like to continue use of gm fobs if possible. Looking for reliability, without glitches. Thanks in advance

zerovandez

Dec 25, 2012
Im using different brands to achieve the same. Its nice to use the OEM key fob but you are limited to the factory range. Its a little funny - im always just a few feet away to trigger remote start. Also, it taps into the data bus for OBD2. In another thread - it might be interfering with my scan tool while driving - just fyi.

Otherwise quick and easy install if you are familiar with installing an alarm system.

Reactions: dla442 and Matt

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
I used an AutoStart brand on our Envoy (and other drivers we have/had) with no issues. You get new fobs with it. Good range. The OEM fobs remained functional no issue.

Dr.Fiero

Dec 7, 2017
S. Alberta
This is a very good one, in fact, I'm looking at getting it myself. It uses your remote to turn it on by pressing the lock button 3 times. https://shop.mypushcart.com/factory...tart-kit-for-2002-2008-chevrolet-trailblazer/

I installed one of the MPC ones in a 2003 Saturn Ion about 7 years ago. Still have the car, remote still works! As said, the only real drawback is the limited range of the OEM remote.

Picked up another one from them for the '05 TB. This one has a separate remote to overcome the range issue I had with the other. The install instructions were not entirely clear and took some reworking. I think they used an earlier model for the photos or something. There's also an issue with the way the doors lock. You hit "lock" before doing the remote start. Ummm.. it UNlocks the doors, then starts it!!! :O You couldn't take off with it though, as it kills the engine if you touch the brake pedal.

MPC has great after-sale support. I've just been dragging my heels on fixing the issue.

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online