Remote Start no longer works after loaner pcm install....

TrailblazerLS

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
ordered the efan kit from pcmforless and got the loaner pcm. Unhooked the battery and installed it an rehooked the battery and it wouldnt remote start anymore. It acts like it wants to but when it goes to engage the starter it stops, does this 3 times then stops the cycle. Today installed my original pcm again along with the efan kit and same thing. With the loaner pcm i did have to do a security relearn, did not with mine. In the dash access panel is a gmbp passkey 3 & passlock 2 override interface module. I googled and found a manual for it showing how to reprogram it. Tried to set the jumper how it wants and the led wouldnt flash to confirm its been programmed. I think i might try to unplug the module then plug it back in and try to reprogram it. Anyone have experience with this? 2004 TB LS.

Simon01

Dec 5, 2011
I have a Prestige (Audiovox) remote start and it has an engine learn process/keyfob programming. Didn't have to worry about relearning the engine learn but had to reprogram the keyfobs when the battery went dead. If the lights aren't flashing to confirm the process is complete, then maybe you're not entering the programming mode, or not completing the steps?

Others may chime in but it would probably help to know what brand/model remote start you have.

TrailblazerLS

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Simon01 said:
I have a Prestige (Audiovox) remote start and it has an engine learn process/keyfob programming. Didn't have to worry about relearning the engine learn but had to reprogram the keyfobs when the battery went dead. If the lights aren't flashing to confirm the process is complete, then maybe you're not entering the programming mode, or not completing the steps?

Others may chime in but it would probably help to know what brand/model remote start you have.

we got the tb with the alarm/remote start already installed, dealer paper didnt even say it had a remote start. Dunno the brand will have to investigate more. Under the bypass box is a valet module also.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Usually if there are no shutdown diagnostic codes, as shown on page 29, the gmdlbp needs to be reprogrammed. That is what takes care of passlock, and not having a valid passlock signal will cause a no crank when you try to remote start the truck. When the gmdlbp in my 03 crapped out, I could briefly see the 'security' light flash maybe once when the remote start was activated.

IIRC, there is a feature in the gmdlbp programming section (maybe mode 7?) that allows you to reset the module completely and try again.

TrailblazerLS

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
soooo its fixed, yea i didnt do anything to it. On my search for something last week i read something about passlock resetting itself after 100 on/off cycles, remembered that today and remote started the tb like normal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online