Remote start/keyless entry

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Im looking into getting remote start and keyless entry. I do not have keyless entry in my truck, as it never came with it. Just looking for suggestions on which to buy without breaking the bank. trying to do this for 200-300.

Flyersguy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Depends. If i can get a shop to do it for cheap ill let them do it. If not my friend would do it. He has never done remote start or keyless befor but he has done a ton of stereo installs.

cjceg1985

Dec 8, 2011
well a good start would be check best buy or any audio shops in your area. This time of year alot of aftermarket install shops will run specials like 250-300 installed with parts. You can also try craigslist and see maybe someone round u is installing at deep discounts... i found a guy once installed with parts 200. The price of the remote start really wont matter it going to start either way a cheap two button fob er fancy 4 button with lcd. I sell ones at NAPA for like 80, seem em before at the zone for 60-70 range. hope this helps you!:biggrin:

Jakers

Dec 4, 2011
Rockton, Il
I just installed A python 580 (Viper 5301) and the INT-SL bypass in my TB, and a another in a Grand Prix. It's a pretty feature rich system, with a long range and easy to setup and operate. The remote start and keyless entry system is a 2 way and the FOB confirms the vehicle is locked/unlocked/running etc. Total cost was about $150 and a couple hours of time.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
You must have a fleet model. I have only heard of one that stripped a few other times. I saw a decent amount of these on ebay for really cheap.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online