Reliable Dependable Grease Gun?

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Guys, Ive been plagued with crappy quality grease guns for eons it seems. I bought a pneumatic grease gun from harbor freight (ikr), and its a total piece of crap. I went to Sears and picked up a grease gun, total piece of crap. It looks more cheaply built than the harbor freight one!! :mad:

Any recommendations on a good brand, reliable, grease gun that actually PUMPS grease when you want it to? Price is not an issue, Im sick of getting frustrated and spending 1/2 hour on these stupid guns to find out they dont work to begin with.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Guys, Ive been plagued with crappy quality grease guns for eons it seems. I bought a pneumatic grease gun from harbor freight (ikr), and its a total piece of crap. I went to Sears and picked up a grease gun, total piece of crap. It looks more cheaply built than the harbor freight one!! :mad:

Any recommendations on a good brand, reliable, grease gun that actually PUMPS grease when you want it to? Price is not an issue, Im sick of getting frustrated and spending 1/2 hour on these stupid guns to find out they dont work to begin with.

snap on or matco I have used both and worked nice

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I just have a cheap one I got at Autozone one day and it has worked OK and always pumps grease. Only thing is it leaks a bit so the outside is a little slippery.

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I just want one that WORKS. Im so sick of them not priming. I even brought the gun and grease inside overnight so it would be warm, no difference. :badday:

I found a Snap-on® on E-Bay so maybe Ill bid on that, its only got 1 day left and I think its brand new! :woohoo:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
<goes and bids on snap-on grease gun>

:raspberry:

MichEnvoyGuy

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Sparky said:
<goes and bids on snap-on grease gun>

:raspberry:

:biggrin:

Well, its up for grabs b/c I went and bought one at Advance Auto that got really good reviews and after my 20% promo code, it was only $15 :smile:

Linky

Got home, put in my synthetic grease tube, and it primed immediately and works absolutely amazing!! It really puts a lot of grease out per pump. I was able to do my ball joints and tie rods in 5 minutes flat. I stripped the old harbor freight pneumatic POS grease gun I had of any useable parts and TOSSED IT...man did it feel soooo GOOD throwing that thing in the garbage can...lol

When I did my passengers side upper ball joint, a bunch of rusty liquid (water? wd-40?) came out of the seal as the new grease filled it up :eek: Strange because I just greased them 5000 miles ago. Thinking it might've been WD-40 as I just did a bunch of work on the truck (LCA brackets, tie rods a few months ago, brakes, etc) and maybe some WD-40 made it into the upper BJ boot when I was spraying down the pinch bolt. Either way, glad I greased it now vs. waiting!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
What brand/kind of grease are you using with it?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online