NEED HELP Relay harness buzzing?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Hid gurus chime in. So I finished the retrofit on the truck today... but I have an issue. I used the cap link and all necessary harnesses and the lights work fine while the car is off (using the switch.) Once I start it it runs for ten seconds or so and then after a minute or two it dies. Now after that first 10 seconds the relays start to buzz loudly. If you shut the car off it goes away. I'm baffled currently. The only thing I can think is reversing the polarity on the cap link. Otherwise I'm stumped and have to contact TRS...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah if the capacitor is backwards, it can't do what it's supposed to. Would be a quick and easy thing to check/change.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I'm going to back probe with my meter and see if I'm getting full or not. :undecided:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Yup. So the adapter they give for h11 to 9006 fr the relay harness and cap link is also wired for 880. The plug is reversible so the correct way for h11, what I have, results in reversed polarity for mine. Swapped the wires around and all is well. :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Glad it was something simple. Now you can "safely" drive around at night. :wink:

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Glad it was something simple. Now you can "safely" drive around at night. :wink:
Well they did go out halfway down the street last night so...

• Wow
Reactions: Blckshdw

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Well they did go out halfway down the street last night so...

I had that happen a few years ago, it was around dusk, so it wasn't too bad, but one of the connectors on the relay harness, at the battery came apart. Only reason I noticed, was because I was driving behind a pickup with a flat/plain tail gate, and could see the parking lights were on, but no HIDs.

Reactions: Redbeard

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I had that happen a few years ago, it was around dusk, so it wasn't too bad, but one of the connectors on the relay harness, at the battery came apart. Only reason I noticed, was because I was driving behind a pickup with a flat/plain tail gate, and could see the parking lights were on, but no HIDs.
Yea. Luckily it was because of the PWM. :tiphat: Was scary being black out though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online