Reinstalling Bose Factory Radio 04 Trailblazer

Mattwurst79

Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Germany
Let the Tech2 timeout. Let it sit for 6 hours, let the capacitors discharge. Although the Tech2 is supposed to not retain knowledge learned.. Then try again.

I have a second idea.. I used this when I was programming a radio to my Pontiac. Use a 2001 Pontiac Aztek.
Ok I will try this.
Meanwhile I have ordered an eeprom flasher tool to approach this guy from the other side.
Also I have installed TIS200 but need to get a USB to serial adapter.
Should be in my mailbox by tuesday and I will update when I tried this all.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There are only very few USB to Serial adapters that will work. Only those with the FTDI chipset will work.

Reactions: mrrsm

Mattwurst79

Original poster
Feb 3, 2021
Germany
Hey cool, thanks for the Info for the USB to serial adapters.
About the Radio:
Well, I did it. It is finally working fine. But no chance with the Tech2Clone.
I did it using one of those Eeprom programmers attached directly to the module with the radio case opened. Just need to overwrite the last digits of the VIN and save and it worked fine on the first attempt.
I'm happy.
I also learned a lot of new things about the car and the Tech2.
Thank you for all these valuable tips and the great support!
Appreciated!
Chris

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Nicely Done!... Say Chris... When Time Permits and the Inspiration Strikes... How about doing a Write Up of your "Non-Tech2 Radio Update Solution" which includes some images of the Gear you used along with Make, Model and Part Numbers involved, and along with the Specific "Step-By-Steps" as well... and immortalize this Victory? Many of us here would LOVE to know precisely how you did all of this!

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I agree. This would be especially useful for someone to reprogram a radio without having to purchase a Tech2.

I'm thinking maybe because it's an export model that the Tech 2 and Tis2000 didn't work. I know there is a difference in the VIN where even HPTuners doesn't recognize it as a GMT360 for those with a mass license for these trucks.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online