Regular Vent Visors vs In Channel

JRTAHOE

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I plan on blacking out by B & C Pillars and getting my D Pillars painted when I take my truck to get repaired at the end of the month. Right now I just have the regular vent visors but wanted to get some opinions on what would look better. I'm most likely going to use Vinyl for the B & C pillars so should I remove my visors, install my vinyl and install visors again or should I remove my visors, install vinyl and then just run in channels vent visors. I'm just going for the best look.

This is what I'm looking to do:

4727343259_0fbef5cd82.jpg

barron03

Nov 20, 2011
I have the in channel ones on the TB and they look better than the ones I have on the Envoy.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
In channel:thumbsup:

I have had both and the in channel look a hell of a lot cleaner. They have been on the truck for about 4 years, until recently when the body shop replaced them all. You also don't have to deal with the adhesive, being stuck on the truck if you ever remove them.

View attachment 18639

Attachments

• FireShot Screen Capture #009 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    FireShot Screen Capture #009 - '2004 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - mechanicsville, MD owned by pimprol.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 34

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Planning on getting a set of in-channels for the Silverado by the summer.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Another vote for in-channels :cool:

GEDC0084.jpg

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Definetly in channels!! Regular visors came on my SS when I bought it and I ripped them suckers off the day I brought her home!

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
Has anybody with in channels had problems with the rears not fitting right? I got mine in today and they where buckling when i put them in. I had to trim a little of the ends to get it so the windows could go up.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The rear tab on the in channels actually go on the outside of the channel, not the inside. Weird, I know.

Mine had a slight bit too much material on that corner so it didn't want to sit quite right, but a couple min trimming with my razor knife took care of that pretty easily.

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
That would have been nice to know....hahaha Instructions would have been nice! then maybe I wouldn't have a small crack in mine!

NighTblazer

Jan 23, 2012
haha! Just called them, they are sending me a new one to replace the cracked one free o' charge. One of the best CS experiences I have ever had and I've had a lot.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
What brand are yours? Mine were AVS, and they had directions with them.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
NighTblazer said:
Has anybody with in channels had problems with the rears not fitting right? I got mine in today and they where buckling when i put them in. I had to trim a little of the ends to get it so the windows could go up.

I had that exact same problem. The front in-channels went in fine but, like you, my rears buckled n bent and I just ended up leaving them off. Mystery solved. thanks

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Sorry , I disagree. I don't like the in channel because they dont run the full lenght of the back door window, they stop where the small piece of the back window starts. My GM stick ons run the full lenght of back door window, it just looks better that way. Mine would look best on a black truck but i'm alright with what I have.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Sorry , I disagree. I don't like the in channel because they dont run the full lenght of the back door window, they stop where the small piece of the back window starts. My GM stick ons run the full lenght of back door window, it just looks better that way. Mine would look best on a black truck but i'm alright with what I have.

:iagree: yeah, i didn't like the look of the back ones for that very same reason. I contemplated getting the stick-on set just to use them on the back and leave the in-channels up front. Might look kinda odd that way though...guess there's only one way to find out... :suicide:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Denali n DOO said:

:iagree: Another vote for stick ons! These are an AVS brand.

7021659793_79a4016e22_z_d.jpg

benz01

Jun 2, 2012
Kansas
Not meaning to high jack the thread but which vendor does everyone prefer? Really the only differnece I find is the warranty. EGR has a lifetime warranty and Weathertech has a 3 year warranty. Thoughts?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
benz01 said:
Not meaning to high jack the thread but which vendor does everyone prefer? Really the only differnece I find is the warranty. EGR has a lifetime warranty and Weathertech has a 3 year warranty. Thoughts?

I prefer the GM stick on Vent Visors on my GM Truck:thumbsup:. Can post picture if you like.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I've got AVS on the Silverado. I managed to crack one. Totally my fault, told them so and they still replaced it at their expense. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

They are the in-channel style. Been thinking of them for the Voy.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I like my AVS in-channels. I don't like the stick on ones because they look, well, stuck on.

I like AVS because they are made in the USA :thumbsup: Not sure about other brands.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Another vote for In-Channel. I like the weathertech brand because of they fit without trimming or leaving part of the rear window tab hanging out, they don't slip or fall out with speed or car washes, and the fronts have an extra bit of shield down by the mirror. Covering the entire rear window is a mute point for me as the in channel covers the bit that actually opens, the rest serves no purpose though I understand some may prefer the look.

shadescloseup.jpg

shadesside.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I liked Weathertech's lack of a tab on the rear window, but I disliked the extra part of the channel in the front going next to the mirror. It bugged me more than the tab on the rear window.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
I've got WeatherTech in-channel visors. I I like the cleaner look than the stick on, and I like that I can remove them really easily when I want to wash the car by hand (I get pretty detailed when I do). They're strong enough to go through the car wash. My truck is black, so it blends in quite well. As some have said, they don't cover the rear door non moving window, but to me it's more of function. If they didn't have the function, I'd remove them. I've got a few things that I like for looks, but even those I can try to justify with "it helps others to see me" or "I can find my Envoy easier in the parking lot."

My 2¢ worth.

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
Not that you need more opinions (you know what they say about those), but for me it is in-channel. I think it looks more "finished"

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
The stick ons should be redesigned by the manufacturers. The mounting surface should bent 180 degres so it sticks on underneath the vent visor. That would make stick on's look better.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Mark20 said:
I've got AVS on the Silverado. I managed to crack one. Totally my fault, told them so and they still replaced it at their expense. THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

They are the in-channel style. Been thinking of them for the Voy.

You don't say... did you call them right after it happened? I've had mine for a few years and ended up tossing the rear in-channels cuz i was unaware that the side parts of the tab went on the outside of the channel, and one cracked in half... I wonder what they'd say if i called them now... :undecided:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
BINGA said:
You don't say... did you call them right after it happened? I've had mine for a few years and ended up tossing the rear in-channels cuz i was unaware that the side parts of the tab went on the outside of the channel, and one cracked in half... I wonder what they'd say if i called them now... :undecided:

I did contact them right away. I still had the receipt and sent them a copy of it. Call or e-mail and see what they say.

BINGA

Jun 8, 2012
Mark20 said:
I did contact them right away. I still had the receipt and sent them a copy of it. Call or e-mail and see what they say.

How's that ol' saying go...Never hurts to ask? Mine were prob 2 years old, and them breaking was technically my fault, but one simple email later...

View attachment 21618

And this was waiting for me when i got home today. Now that's customer service!!! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Vent Visors.jpg
    Vent Visors.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 16

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher