reduced engine power light on

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
ok guys have a problem my reduced engine light came on today on the way to work made it into the parking lot and parked it and now i can back to it at break and now the light is staying on an now it wont start at all. could anyone give me some hints as to what would be causing this issue.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Have you done any work on it recently, or had any done? If the REP light is on, the CEL should be
on as well. Check for codes? REP can come on for any number of reasons, as anything that could
damage the engine or drivetrain and can be read by a sensor can cause the PCM to turn it on and
go to limp mode. Throttle position sensors, accelerator pedal sensors, damaged fan wiring interrupting
the 5V reference, excessive misfires, variable timing problem.

The no start condition could be a bad ignition switch, battery problem, starter relay, or even a bad ground. When you say it won't start,
is it at least cranking? If it's cranking, do you hear the fuel pump do a 2 second priming before you turn the key
to the start position? If you don't, fuel pump may have died, or the relay might be bad or have a bad connection.

So, if you can work up some more details, maybe the forum diagnostics machine can figure something out.

Good Luck!

Chris

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
when it first went into REP mode i shut the envoy off and and started it back up it would idle fine but as soon as i would put it in gear with would throw the REP light, i came out to check it on my break and now it wont start.

no work has been done to it beside when i change the t-stat

CEL and REP light are on

yes it is cranking over just never fires up but i will have the codes tomorrow

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
ran the codes today only one was for the gas cap clear code and runs good now, ill let you know if a couple more days if there are anymore problems

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online