Reduced Engine power light code P0420

.[dOp].skyLINe

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
good day, im new here, im from mexico 24 years old.

sometimes the ERP light turn on, then i turn off the vehicle, wait a second, turn on the vehicle and the light go off.

I read the codes and the only one that i got is P0420. and i know is the CAT because the last owner remove the CAT so i have the SES on with that code, so that code can turn on the REP light?

in 2 weeks i will buy the Hptunners, its ok if i disable the signal from the code?

can somebody help?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

I really have no idea what your user name means. Could you explain it?

If you have no cat, then disabling code P0420 is OK.

REP comes from an entirely different cause, and could be related to the throttle body position sensors, the accelerator pedal position sensors, or the fan clutch speed sensor. Have you done any maintenance on any of those items lately? Any other maintenance? Any other OBDII codes besides P0420?

.[dOp].skyLINe

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
jejej mi nick mean dOp= decree of pain its a clan from a Game and skyline my dream car jajaja

I checked all the wiring from the fan clutch = ok , no overheat problems, coolant and thermostat is ok
I cleaned the throttle body = ok
I check the pedal sensor = i see all ok

the manteinance that I did is , engine oil, transmission oil, filters (air and fuel ), spark plugs gap .50,

the light comes randomly and no more codes, the light gone after I restart the car.

.[dOp].skyLINe

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I read again the Codes and a new code appear P0121 , it means a bad TPS, that mean that i need a new throttle body?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Most likely, yes. It might be wiring or a flaky connector, so you should inspect them as well as you can. If you have a mechanic with a Tech II tool they can also diagnose the TPS operation. There are two sensors, like volume controls, and they have to agree with each other. Same idea was used on the accel pedal sensors. That way a single broken sensor or broken wire would not result in a dangerous WOT (wide open throttle) command.

.[dOp].skyLINe

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I checked all the connectors and are ok, I move them with the engine running and no lights come on, no rust or false contacts in the connectors, let me check if somebody can check the TPS with the TECH II. thanks for your help the roadie I appreciate it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online