Redline tuning Quicklift hood struts

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Just got an email from redline tuning about their holiday sale, They have a really good price on the hood struts. I've heard some good things about them in the past, but does any one have any direct experence with them?

QL%20PLUS%20Top%20Shot%20HR.jpg

Redline Tuning hood QuickLIFT systems - lifts and holds your hood without the stock prop rod. Hood strut, damper, support - Automotive niche products.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
They were perhaps the first mod I ever installed in 2005. Posted about it on the OS. Recommended without reservations. Totally improves your under-the-hood experience permanently! Just be careful on the install with the drill AND the pop-rivets touching the underneath part of the hood and causing a visible pimple. I don't care, but YMMV.

JPZ

Dec 4, 2011
I dont have them but I helped put a few sets on at Carlisle this year. Just follow the step by step and double check your measurements before drilling and your good to go.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I see $69. What is the normal price?

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I see $69. What is the normal price?

Thats the regular price. The sale price is 55.95 for the standard, 67.95 for the plus, and 95.95 for the elite. It seems the sale price is only valid for previous customers, using the special link in the email

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
My 2003 TB was the guinea pig for the Redline Tuning Hood Struts. I also have them on my 2007 TB. The install instructions are excellent. There is also a video that shows how they work.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I would like to install those on my 08 TB but which is the best to get. I just want it to do what its supposed to do don't wanna pay for elite unless recommended.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
TexazReece said:
I would like to install those on my 08 TB but which is the best to get. I just want it to do what its supposed to do don't wanna pay for elite unless recommended.

I am planing on going with the plus my self. I dont have to deal with rust issues down here, and I assume that was the biggest issue with them

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
put a set on mine in nov 2010. IIRC i went w/ the least expensive.
after 1 chicago winter no rust, no problems
couldn't be happier.
as roadie stated, be careful when drilling.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fletch09 said:
put a set on mine in nov 2010. IIRC i went w/ the least expensive.
after 1 chicago winter no rust, no problems
couldn't be happier.
as roadie stated, be careful when drilling.

Which do you have?

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Which do you have?
sorry it took so long to get back to you on this.
had to make a delivery to valpo this morn.
if i had a few extra hours, would have run down to show you,
after some research,(could not find my receipt) i have the 69.95 ones
zinc plated brackets.
part # on both struts RT-QL-200-7A (that may be the same for the mid $ range struts, i think the only diff is the powder coated brackets)
been happy as hell w/ them.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks. I will likely Pop on a set. I hate working around the factory prop.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I want to get a set as well.

Hey Kyle, how about you get me a set for Christmas and I will get you a set. :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Regulator said:
I want to get a set as well.

Hey Kyle, how about you get me a set for Christmas and I will get you a set. :thumbsup:

May be well off to combine shipping....

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I have had these on both of my TB's. Makes working under the hood alot easier. :thumbsup:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Me007gold said:
Was finally able to get these on today, The shop that mounted my tires for me gave me a hand.
That was nice of them. :thumbsup: I need to purchase a pair now...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Do you use any touch-up paint or anything to seal the metal edge around the rivets where you drilled? I'd hate to see water get in there and then rust the hood or fender around where those struts mount. That would suck.

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I used touch up paint on mine when I installed mine. So far no rust. I installed mine in the fall of 07.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online