Recent paint job and the deal of the century

chatham

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
so i had a little door bender accident. basically dented in the passenger front door and scraped the rear door. so.... call insurance company, repairs came back around $2800 and they wanted to total it. woooaaaa no i dont thing so. so i withdraw the claim. look around for a front door and found one at a junk yard. actually it was a blazer door but who cares theyre the same. he had so many that i could have one for a $1. but thats not the deal of the century. stay tuned. ok so i figure i could replace the door myself so lets find some place that can paint it for not so much money. i find this place called econo paint. they tell me they will paint the whole car for $400. hmmm. so i take the envoy down and have them look at it and give me a price on painting the whole car and fixing the door. price is $508. really? wow! ok i know this isnt the greatest paint job in the world but i just need it to work for five more years, perhaps. so i thought alright lets paint the whole thing as its a bit faded. but this still isnt the deal of the century. because of the accident and what really caused it (not my driving :wink: ) it was time to get new tires. so i look around for a good tire and a good deal. i always hated the wheels that were on my car but moneys tight so maybe not yet. but i get on craigslist and bam i find the deal of the century. i found some great wheels and almost brand new tires for $400 after my good guy discount ;-) see attached photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5957.JPG
    IMG_5957.JPG
    614.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5967.JPG
    IMG_5967.JPG
    520.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6401.JPG
    IMG_6401.JPG
    533 KB · Views: 42
  • Tires.JPG
    Tires.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 40

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Looks much better without the side moldings :yes:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Craigslist is where I bought my new rims and tires from. Brand new tires (with stickers), and for Envoy SLT rims with center caps, 180 bucks. They arent "great" tires, but they are decent with a 520 Treadwear, AA and A, so score indeed. Have to see how your paint holds up over the winter. Paint Peal is going to be the biggest concern.

Is it just me, or does the front wheel in the after paint picture look out of center in the wheel well?

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online