Rear wiper not working

ardap

Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
I have a 2002 envoy slt I had the rear lift gate replaced. Now the rear wiper is not working. The wiper was operational on my old liftgate and the replacement. I replaced the wiper motor and also have checked the fuses and relay.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Did the tailgate come off the same year truck? What year truck did it come off of?

We had this problem talked about just recently. The wiring of something like that was different. Owner swapped the wiring from the old hatch to the new hatch, problem solved.

Could also be a had motor

ardap

Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
Thank you I replaced the motor. As I’m new to the site I had not familiarized my self with the information that was available instead of posting. Reading some of the advice/knowledge that is here helped. In response yes I did replace the motor. The important information I received from you has reenforced what I have read on this thread. I don’t know if the lift gate is from the same model year but what I will be doing is finding out from the place I purchased it from.

ardap

Original poster
Jan 16, 2021
Ontario Canada
Just wondering something the body harness has 3 orange wires and the harness from lift gate has 2. Is this similar to the post I’ve read here. Should the harness from the door have three orange wires as well

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep. Same mismatch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online