Rear windows roll all the way down

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
I have had this thing for a few months now and had not rolled down the rear windows. I went to roll them down and to my surprise, they went all the way down instead of the 3/4 like most other vehicles on the rear doors.
Was this an option or is this a standard thing on Trailblazers? It was a nice surprise.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
They go all the way down. That's the reason the rear door windows have a "split" in them where the rearmost section of glass doesn't move so that you can roll the windows all the way instead of just 1/2 way.

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Interesting to know, thank you for the response. my 93 Jimmy had that same "split" but the rear windows would still only go down 3/4 of the way.
Keep learning more and more about these. I have been googling a lot to cut back on the threads but did not find anything on this, My search only yielded windows off the tracks and issues being wrong.

Thanks again!

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
My old cavalier had a removable foam bumper inside the door which stopped them from going all the way down... Removed the bumper and they went down fully

Reactions: Grimor

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It is not unique. Plenty of vehicles have fully rolling down windows in the rear. My Suburban does.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Probably dont want to be saying stuff about things you do not have a frame of reference to then.

Our Traverse goes all the way down too.

Reactions: richphotos

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My Silverado ext cab rear windows go all the way down too, for reference.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
The rear windows in both my HHR and crew cab Sierra go all the way down.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130
May 22, 2012
It is not unique. Plenty of vehicles have fully rolling down windows in the rear. My Suburban does.

The Suburban's rear windows go all the way down. The rear door is straight on the back edge. The Tahoe does not. The rear edge of the back door has a cut out for the rear wheel. I think the newer tahoes have a fixed glass like the envoy's do to allow the rear window to go all the way down. That gives you a smaller opening though.

That is what I use use to tell the difference from a tahoe and a subrban from a distance. Back door straight suburban. back door curved tahoe.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.