Rear Window Washer Problem

linneje

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Front washer works. Rear wiper works. Rear washer does not - no sound from the pump either.

Headlight washers do not work either, no pump sound.

Do they share the same pump or same fuse or relay?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Nope, it's all separate. The only common point between the two is that the signal from both switches has to go through the BCM, but since the wiper itself works I'd say it's not likely you have a loose connection.

There is another common point - the ground. G103 ground, left-front of the engine bay. All 3 pump motors ground here, it may be possible the ground isn't very good either at the connection point or in the splice pack they all come into. I'd start there.

Woodsman

May 3, 2014
No, each washer has its own pump.
Look in lower front passenger corner back of grille for pumps.
Check fuses and plugs first.
Also sometimes pumps run but there is no spray.
The motor on the pump can sometimes strip the part that engages to the actual pump.
They can be pulled apart to check but if the motor is running and the lines are good, but you still don't have spray then just buy a pump.
They are cheap..

linneje

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Of course, it may be that the two problems are completely unrelated. To be honest, I have never tried to use the headlight washer before today when I noticed the rear washer did not work. I will try to troubleshoot the pumps and check the ground.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You could use a DMM or test light to see if it is getting power or if the ground is bad.

Reactions: linneje

BrownHP800

Mar 19, 2014
Check to see if you have power to the plug for the rear washer pump. In my case I did not and had to replace my rear wiper switch. All is good now.

Reactions: linneje

linneje

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Actually the headlight washer pump is not a cheap part (unless they are interchangeable with the front or rear), because I see on Rockauto it comes as a whole assembly. However, I never use that, so if it is the pump I won't bother. But I do need to get the rear working.

tcurlee

Mar 28, 2015
Hi all, i know this is an old thread but i have the same rear washer pump not working. A 'rear washer switch' is referenced. Do you mean the actual knob and button on the dash or is there a switch somewhere else ? 05 envoy 4X w/ 196,000 miles

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's the push button in the middle of the rear wiper control on the dash.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.