Rear View Mirror Pinout Info

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Hey guys, so i switched from a compass/onstar/auto dim (16 Pin) mirror last year, to a temp/compass/auto dim. well ever since my temp display shows oc - open circuit. Yes it is kinda redundant to have temp display on hvac, and mirror but i just wanna complete this mod. Its been too long that it hasnt worked and want to figure out why. first thing first im trying to figure out the pinouts for the mirror, so i can make sure i have the temp sensor wire there, and if not I will at least know which pin I need to run the wire to. I have included a pdf as to the pins i have figured out so far according to the wire diagrams, just wondering if anyone else could help figure out the rest of the pins? Thanks!

Attachments

• Connector Part Information.pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 10

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Pin 6, should be a light green and black wire, that's for the ambient air temp sensor.

Inside Mirror.jpg

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hopefully you can just splice in behind the HVAC and run a wire up to the console. You have a donor socket to cannibalize, and get the pin out of it? Or you gonna rig up something else?

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Hopefully you can just splice in behind the HVAC and run a wire up to the console.

Curious if you can have both the HVAC module and mirror using the same sensor--isn't it like trying to use to DVMs to measure the same resistor at the same time? won't the combined bias currents screw up each other's reading?

May have to run a separate ambient sensor (not that hard).

Maybe not.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Curious if you can have both the HVAC module and mirror using the same sensor--isn't it like trying to use to DVMs to measure the same resistor at the same time? won't the combined bias currents screw up each other's reading?

Good question. I guess Matt will tell us for sure, soon enough :biggrin:

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Hopefully you can just splice in behind the HVAC and run a wire up to the console. You have a donor socket to cannibalize, and get the pin out of it? Or you gonna rig up something else?
i was just going to do just that, and yeah i have a donor socket.

May have to run a separate ambient sensor (not that hard).

Maybe not.

I actually didnt think about that honestly, but upon talking with a buddy last night about how redundant having 2 temp displays would be, he suggested i do inside temp on the mirror. So would have ourside temp on hvac, and inside temp on mirror. Probably mount sensor somewhere round center console, maybe on the back side of it?

Im just tired of seeing oc on the mirror, so at least this way it will be showing something.

Reactions: C-ya

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online