Rear storage cover

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Is there such a thing as a rear storage area cover for her 2002 TrailBlazer? Something like a shade that rolls in and out? She wants to shield/cover items she loads in the back area.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I believe all of the SWB use the same style shade, just a matter of color. All of the LWB use the hard shelf with rubber pegs.

Reactions: movietvet

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I believe all of the SWB use the same style shade, just a matter of color. All of the LWB use the hard shelf with rubber pegs.
Yea, we found several at ebay for the TB or an Envoy and all around the same price of $130 to $160 used and free shipping and the right color. The small indents are there behind the second row seats, on each side. We will likely be ordering one soon but thought maybe a member would have one and i can give them money.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I understand if she's gotta have the OEM (happy wife / life), but at those prices, and its function, I'd go to HF, get a tarp or moving blanket for $7 or so, and call it a day. Even rigging up some sort of custom fabric shade would be cheaper, I'd think -? Make a trip to someplace that sells fabric (you can get vinyl in grey / tan / etc), get a 1" diameter wooden rod cut to width with some fasteners for the channel on each end, another rod about 1/4 for the 'handle' end, some staples,, and voila.

It won't automatically roll up, but it'll cover the cargo area and look nicer than a blanket / tarp.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I understand if she's gotta have the OEM (happy wife / life), but at those prices, and its function, I'd go to HF, get a tarp or moving blanket for $7 or so, and call it a day. Even rigging up some sort of custom fabric shade would be cheaper, I'd think -? Make a trip to someplace that sells fabric (you can get vinyl in grey / tan / etc), get a 1" diameter wooden rod cut to width with some fasteners for the channel on each end, another rod about 1/4 for the 'handle' end, some staples,, and voila.

It won't automatically roll up, but it'll cover the cargo area and look nicer than a blanket / tarp.
I do get what you are saying. She has covers for that and some totes to put things in and the spare tire area is large enough, even with the tire and wheel in there, for numerous smaller items.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I am negotiating for a used one at ebay. My girl also wants grey instead of black, anyway.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Just be warned, the auto-rollup feature will eventually fail. I have 2 of them that came with my 9-7x. Both of them wont roll or unroll.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
@TollKeeper, I have warned her of that very concern. We are holding off on the used ones and will search for a new grey or black roll cover with a decent warranty. Me personally, I can do without them but she is on a roll with me fixing this and fixing that and all out of my pocket :celebrate:

I would say, I have created a monster but she paid cash for it and does want to take care of it, so I can deal with that. When I did the plugs and coil boots, I did it for my peace of mind and not because of a drivability problem. She would have been happy with just rear speakers but I wasn't. The center console latch was ok with her but not me. She is getting ready to take it on a 600+ mile round trip and I actually have absolutely no worries for her on the road. I like the vehicle and she is getting more and more used to it and lovin' it.

She likes having a smaller version of my 2005 Z71 Tahoe. She does not like driving the Tahoe because she knows how much I love that vehicle and she is afraid of doing something to it.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I once found two at the pick-n-pull, paid $5 each. One I resold to another member during the last meet in 2018. The other I still have and never use it. Don't really see the usefulness of it.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I once found two at the pick-n-pull, paid $5 each. One I resold to another member during the last meet in 2018. The other I still have and never use it. Don't really see the usefulness of it.
Wanna sell the other one? What color is it and does it roll in and out and have any rips or tears?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Canada shipping could be painful!

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Had not thought of that. The least expensive I found for a used one at ebay was around $125 and it had a small tear. It was free shipping though.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Repeat of my PM:

It's in good working order and it's a shade of beige. Shipping from here would cost more than what it's worth I'm afraid, if I can even find it.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Still have my Grey cover in the garage from my 2007....put it there and never used it. Oh....buying something from Canada is not as bad as you might imagine unless your just cheap. Your dollar makes shipping more affordable due to the currency exchange. Any offers?

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Well @filthyfingers and @cornchip, need to know what you want for them and where you are at so I can try to gauge the shipping, unless of course the shipping is free.

Sorry, @filthyfingers, I see you said you are in NY.

@cornchip, are you in Canada?

Last edited:

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
Is @filthyfingers and @cornchip still around with those rear roll up covers for my 2002 Trailblazer? My last post was asking about pricing.

movietvet

Original poster
Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I was able to get a cover from a seller at ebay and was the same color match and free return if needed. Works flawlessly and she is very happy with it.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
If anyone is very determined it is possible to convert one from a tahoe to fit the TB. It takes some effort to remove the retract assembly on one side, trim the metal housing and vinyl roll and then put it all back together. I got a free one so I made it work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher