Rear storage cover repairs?

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Both of the tabs on my storage compartment cover have broken, and I was just wondering if anyone has ever come up with an easy solution for repairing them? If the carpet can be pulled loose, I might try cutting out some metal tabs to bolt to the plastic cover. Of course spring-loaded hinges could also be a nice option. I just find that I frequently am trying to open up that cover while I have stuff piled on top, and it put too much strain on the original plastic.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mine have been broken for a while. I have been wondering the same thing.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I picked up one in a junk yard for ten bucks.

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
Replaced mine with oak awhile back, just cut sand screw some metal tabs on and its good, no latch but I've gone 2yrs without a problem. I'll post pics soon.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If mine ever break, bolting or gorilla gluing on some pieces of metal would be my first thought.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My tabs are good, but need a new latch.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
IslandRunner said:
I will look for my latch tomorrow if I find it I will send it to you if you want it.

Sweet. Let me know if you find it!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
My latch works fine, so I guess that is the only reason I haven't done anything else with the tabs.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
The latches are around $18 on eBay. Mine broke a while back and I replaced it. The ones on eBay are a little stronger though. The original pin in the latch is plastic I believe, and the one on eBay has a metal pin.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.