Rear links, anyone with pics of their Raybestos replacements, and question about SMAX

billzie

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Howdy,
Ok, I ordered rsb links from Rockauto, Raybestos pro grade parts LR #545-1255 (K6668) and RR #545-1254 (K6667).
More Information for RAYBESTOS 5451255
More Information for RAYBESTOS 5451254
I open them up and in the LR the bag is torn open but part appears new. Problem I see is that they both appear to be the same part when they're supposed to be different. The bags they come in have the same sticker infomation 2490-6138 (but the date codes are different) and the part on the shaft has the same number 6138 (but differing date codes).
Does anyone have any experience or took pics of these? I'm not quite ready for the install and don't want to wait to contact RA if there truly is a problem.
Also, assuming the there's an issue, I may just order the SMAXX units. Their website doesn't clearly state, is that $105 price for the pair? And, do they do a combined shipping if I decide to get the fronts as well?
Paying more for mod/upgraded parts for this TB is going against my upkeep philosophy (parts I did buy weren't the cheapest either however) for this vehicle but if standard replacement are going to break in a year I want to get someone more stout with a better warranty.
I hope I can get answers here soon, you guys have been an amazing resource.
Thanks, Bill.

billzie

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
OK, I'm convinced they sent me the duplicate unit, one that the inner bag was opened in the wrong box. I bet whoever the actual rock auto vendor of that item was, probably sold a pair and the buyer only installed one and returned it in the wrong box and lucky me ended up with it. I'll try to get a hold of them tomorrow, turns out I was sent another item that is wrong looks like their description was lacking info found in other items similar to it.
I'm leaning toward getting the SMaxx rear links because looks like I'm going to be in the TB for a while. Now I hope RA will give me a full refund.
Bill.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If they sent you the wrong part, then they are on the hook for the return shipping. But if you ask for a full refund, they will make you pay for the return shipping.

billzie

Original poster
Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Mooseman said:
If they sent you the wrong part, then they are on the hook for the return shipping. But if you ask for a full refund, they will make you pay for the return shipping.
Yeah,
I talked to them today, they're sending me the replacement for the one they sent in error. So looks like the SMaxx units are not happening as I was going to use the returned money toward getting those. Oh, well, if these Raybestos units fail at least I'll have one as a spare since they didn't want to get it back.
Bill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online